Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Emotional mess at the moment!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I split up with my boyfriend 2 days ago, and in all honesty, I thought it'd be much easier then what my emotions are letting on!!

I hardly saw him anyways (200 miles apart) and he had a lot of past issues he really does need to address.

But it doesn't stop me feeling absolutely gutted:crying:

There's an awful lot of unfinished business to sort out aswell, business I sort of do and don't want to finish :(

Comments

• Options
    :( chin up..i know its cliche but you will feel happier over time
  • Options
    I was in almost the exact same position last year and I feel your pain. *Hugs*

It's always hard breaking up with someone but deep down you probably know that it's for the best. Maybe it will even give him the kickstart he needs to address his own issues and something good will come of it in that respect. Although it hurts because you have good memories and it can be hard thinking of yourself as single again, it's better to move on when you know it's not working rather than let things drag on hoping they are going to change.

Hope you're feeling better soon. Feel free to PM if you want.

:heart:
  • Options
    Silverhalo, I couldn't have put it better myself :)

And thank you for the support...
  • Options
    I am sorry to hear about your break up, things will get better. I know its hard at first but it will get better in time.
  • Options
    I really do hope it gets better, this moping malarky is draining work!
  • Options
    I know it probably doesn't help much at the moment but excercise is good for your happy hormones, so is sunshine, if the weather picks up maybe you could do some walking, gardening etc outside.

If not put some loud bouncy music on (I love disco and 80's) and dance round the room singing, its hard to be miserable when you are dancing like mad and singing away.
  • Options
    Heya, i feel partly what you are going through. My bf and I broke up a few days ago after a fairly lengthy relationship, although it seemed to be slowing down and not really going anywhere.
    It's going to be hard at the start, although Im not really hoping that it'll spring back into life as things just wouldnt change.

It is very strange being single, but Im sure it will improveand something else will come along. Things happen for a reason, one must just learn and move on..im saying this as much to myself as i am to you!
    The hardest part, I feel, is losing a friend. but if it makes us happier in the long run then its better than being in a relationship just for the sake of it.

Lots of hugs your way hun, make sure you surround yourself with friends and plenty of stuff to keep you busy!

PM me if you wanna chat as I really feel what youre going through xx