Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Fractured Radial Head/Elbow

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
On Monday night I managed to get my toe stuck in my trousers and fall flat on my face on the laminate floor in my living room. My right arm/elbow was well painful and i couldn't open it.

Anyway after seeing the triage nurse at the doc's who told me to get an xray, i went to a & e and they xrayed me, said there was a shadow on my xray, i was booked in to the fracture clinic for the next day. They confirmed i had fractured my radial head.

So my arm is so achey, they signed me off work for 3 weeks.

My questions are to any one that knows is, when can i drive? how long/often/when shall i wear my sling for? How often am i supposed to exercise it?

The consultant at the fracture clinic was very brief and by the time i'd left all these questions had just disappeared out my head.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Give the fracture clinic a ring, there may well be a nurse you can speak to who can answer a lot of those for you.

As for driving, generally for insurance purposes you can't drive after an injury/operation until you get the go ahead from a medical professional. It's usuallly good after injuries to back to the GP/nurse when it's well on the mend to get the progress checked and driving approved and advice on any longer term rehab.