Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Sore nipple

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My left nipple has been really irritated for about 4 days. Its sore and feels like its throbbing, but its kind of like an itchy pain, although not the type of itch that makes me want to scratch it. Its uncomfortable and I'm aware of it all the time. I keep squashing my boob to try and get rid of the annoyance. The first day it happened I had stabbing pains in the top part of my boob but they didn't happen again. Its irritating to sleep with it as well. The nipple doesn't look any different, and its not cracked or dry or anything. I've made a dr appointment but I'm having a little bit of a stress over it! Anyone had anything like this before?

Comments

• Options
    No but i am glad you have made a doctors appointment.
  • Options
    Both of mine felt like that a while ago and I kept wanting to press cold things against them to stop them itching! Turned out I was having some weird faux pregnancy side effect type whatchamacallit from my implant.
  • Options
    Tweety wrote: »
    No but i am glad you have made a doctors appointment.

Argh why do you think its bad? I can't feel any lumps
  • Options
    Both of mine felt like that a while ago and I kept wanting to press cold things against them to stop them itching! Turned out I was having some weird faux pregnancy side effect type whatchamacallit from my implant.

Maybe its somethin like that, cos I'm on a new pill (1 month in)

Its not itchy like a midgie bite that you want to scratch, its sensitive and irritated and sore. I can hardly get any work done today because its so uncomfortable. My dr appointment is at half 4 but I think I'll have gone mad by then!!!!!!
  • Options
    kangoo wrote: »
    Argh why do you think its bad? I can't feel any lumps

No but you can't be too careful with these things. It's not normal every day stuff for you so therefore should be checked out.
  • Options
    Apparently its just irritated so I have ibuprofen and E45 cream and have to go back in 2 weeks if it doesn't improve

Its so damn itchy though! I want to actually rip it off!!!! Aaaarghhhhh :crying: