Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dispatches - Gun and Knife crime

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Anyone been watching?

What is actually the point of this 'disarming Britain' night on channel 4? Its not really discouraging anything, just showing the after effects and acting as a scaremonger. Besides, the young people at the heart of the problem are likely to never se this anyway, they'll be too busy walking around stabbing each other

So far all ive seen is the program state the obvious - knife crime is a problem. wow, worth the production costs there :yeees: .

On a related note:

The brother of an eastenders' actress has been stabbed to death, now the actress has given a plea to try and stop violent crime amongst youth (like this is going to make the slightest bit of difference)

Story: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7479850.stm

Anyone notice the part in the article mentioning that the 16 year old and a group of also underage youths were in a pub at 3am? what else are they going to be doing there other than drinking..:chin:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I was stabbed last year. The two blokes who did it were meant to be on trial at the start of last week but it's been adjourned. I bet that's pissed them off more than me becuase with every stabbing in the news the punishment they might recieve may become worse. :D
    Weekender Offender