Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hair gel

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
right im male :D an am looking for a hair gel that holds your hair in place without giving it the "wet look" sort of thing, more like it's in place but not slick with gel, i know using less works however it tends to go bad in too short a time. for this reason im looking at buying som new hair gel and wanted to know wheather anyone had any ideas on what gel would best suit? or just what they use, im currently using loriel paris indistructabul gel which dosent give the desired effect. my hair is about averagely thick as far as it goes so it shouldnt be a problem achiving this look its just what to use. :thumb:
replys much apreciated :)

Comments

• Options
    I use the L'Oreal Studio FX Invisi Gel. like this.

If you put it on dry hair it doesn't give the 'wet look' and holds pretty well.
  • Options
    Hair Fudge Matte Hed is pretty good for strong hold without the wet look, and it smells damn good too. :)
  • Options
    Using gel pretty much always results in a ned hairdo since it clumps hair together in that wet looking way where you can see the scalp. You're prolly wanting some kind of fibre putty/clay/matt paste.
  • Options
    V05 matt clay - pretty much used by my entire house
  • Options
    Fish shaping cream is good...good hold and doesn't give a wet greasy look. It's about £5 or £6 a pot though! :(
  • Options
    I am currently using gelwax. It's a mix of gel and hair wax. Gives a cool shiny - not wet - look and some of them are reasonable strong.
  • Options
    I've found anything in the V05 Range works.
    I've gone more towards that glue stuff lately though, the gel gets flakey with me, regardless what the packet says.
  • Options
    it will always look wet unless you dont put a lot of gel in