Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

end of year show outfit

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've got my end of year show coming up next week, lots of my mates are going to be there, as well as my mum. I'm singing, and want to wear something reasonably show stopping...but what? its not the sort of song i could wear my normal gothy clothing, i was thinking a pink and black dree i saw in primark, but i'm not sure it would work with red hair...

i have got a black dress i wore for new year's but i'm not sure it would be right....

any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    is the dress black with a wide pink bit around the waist sort of thing? if so then that sounds like it would look lovely, i love that dress :]
  • Options
    Hmm, that does sound nice - what sort of style dress is it? I reckon you could totally get away with it with red hair. Clashing is in this season, I've heard...
  • Options
    is the dress black with a wide pink bit around the waist sort of thing? if so then that sounds like it would look lovely, i love that dress :]
    no its bright pink and black check....

I'll have to go and try it on when i have time (i.e. only tuesday afternoon)
  • Options
    Are they small checks or bigger ones? I have a skirt that's got small black and pink checks but I know there's a dress with bigger ones. I think it'll look fine.
  • Options
    thats the one! the one in the link!

i'm really not sure about it.... :S
  • Options
    have you tried it on, cos i tried it on in green and black and its reeeeeeeally short. im 5 foot 4 and the bottom is weird cos its puffball. sorry if this is no help just thought i'd say. haha.
  • Options
    well, it will be 4 inches longer on me cos i'm only 5 foot
  • Options
    With regards to hair, you may be able to pull it off but it will be a close call. However, I am worried by the bow for 2 reasons. 1) It will draw the eye to the waist, and being short you are also short-waisted so this isn't great and 2) It detracts from the general line of the dress, cutting up your body and making you look shorter. Also, puffballs tend only to look good on rakishly skinny people as they make hips look wide and thighs will also look massive if the skirt is too short.

Just thought I'd add my bit to the discussion, by all means ignore me.

xXx

Oh, something that is fitted to the bust and flows out underneath may be worth thinking about.
  • Options
    the dress is fucking hideous, and why anyone would see it in GREEN and then try it on is beyond me too. *sigh* no taste the lot of ya. why can't you wear something gothy?
  • Options
    I had that big checked dress for my 7th birthday party, I swear to god. Well, it had puffball sleeves too but I'm loathe to mention that for fear of making people too jealous ;) I'm not a fan though, I think it would be unflattering for the reasons Triggergirl so rightly mentioned.

I'm also not a big fan of red and hot pink together (not even a big fan of black and hot pink together, at the best of times), but it's not an absolute no-no. Depends on how it looks, as was previously said it can be a close thing so you have to try it out and see.

I second katralla's question, why can't you wear something "gothy" and - presumably - more in your comfort zone. While up on stage isn't the time I'd fancy trying out a new look, go for something you know looks and feels good. But if you tell us what the song is maybe we'll understand... or be able to suggest alternatives!