Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Display Driver Problem

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
While im playing games via steam, they are locking up going black and then returning, if i minize i can get this message.

58861451ve4.jpg

Baring in mind, im running on a macbook pro with Boot camp.

GFX Card: NVidia 8600m GT

Any ideas! :D

Comments

• Options
    it might be worth seeing if there are any updated drivers for your video card

i run vista home premium on my laptop and was getting this problem and an update of drivers solved it fo rme :)
  • Options
    I can't update to the latest nvidia drivers because apple made these ones, and updating could result in some bad stuff :(

So i'm formatting anyway becase ive got a few other annoying things floating around :)
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote: »
    While im playing games via steam, they are locking up going black and then returning, if i minize i can get this message.

58861451ve4.jpg

Baring in mind, im running on a macbook pro with Boot camp.

GFX Card: NVidia 8600m GT

Any ideas! :D

Yep, I've got this up until i replaced the power supply of my computer. Started out with a fairly powerful system using a GTX8800 video card, and only a 350w powersupply, games could for instance hang up in the game menu and exit with that error message.

Replacing with the 750w removed the problem for me for now, so if i get it again there's definitely a driver problem
  • Options
    T-Kay wrote: »
    Yep, I've got this up until i replaced the power supply of my computer. Started out with a fairly powerful system using a GTX8800 video card, and only a 350w powersupply, games could for instance hang up in the game menu and exit with that error message.

Replacing with the 750w removed the problem for me for now, so if i get it again there's definitely a driver problem

Well i've formatted and the problem has gone away :D - Touch wood! lol