Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Missing period

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey,

I've been on the mini pill for about 4-5 months and i've had a period every month but now its coming up to two months since i had one. At first when i missed my period i panicked and took a test and it came back negative (thankgod!)

Should i be worried, (because the pill is the only method we use) or can been on the mini pill stop them completely?

Thank you for any replies x

Comments

• Options
    You take the mini pill continuously so it does tend to make your periods dissapear. Mine did when I was on cerazette. I still used condoms though because I was paranoid that I wouldn't know if i got pregnant. So if you're worried then you can use them - as it's a bit less reliable than the combined pill. Which one are you on because it depends?
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    You take the mini pill continuously so it does tend to make your periods dissapear. Mine did when I was on cerazette. I still used condoms though because I was paranoid that I wouldn't know if i got pregnant. So if you're worried then you can use them - as it's a bit less reliable than the combined pill. Which one are you on because it depends?

Im on Femulan i've heard of cerazette before but not the one that i'm on. When i went for a check-up to the doctors last month i told her that id had slight bleeding, and she told me not to worry if i haven't missed any of my pills which i haven't. But this month i've had no bleeding at all which just worries me alittle.....Do you think i should be concerned?
  • Options
    Nope, the mini pill tends to make periods dissapear. As long as you're taking them on time there's nothing to be worried about. But you can still take regular pregnancy tests to be sure.