Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Wearing heels when youre tall...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    I am 6'0 and my favourite shoes are 4in high.

Don't worry about what other people think.
  • Options
    im tiny and after i wear heels im still tiny (im 5''2) and my bf is 6ft i hate being small.. i wish i was taller
  • Options
    lacrymosa wrote: »
    I'm the same height as you and like wearing heels too :(

I hate being tall.
    Pish. In 4 inch heels you and kate would be the same height as me and I'm not particularly freakish. I don't feel weirdly tall even when I'm wearing massive heels around my shortest friends.

The only person that thinks you look stupid is you.
  • Options
    If you want to wear them, wear them.

I'm 5ft3, live in flat shoes and couldnt give two hoots what anyone else thinks.
  • Options
    Aye, I know. My friends tell me that they are jealous and would kill to have my legs but argghh, I just look so tall around everyone. I like spending time with my boyfriend as he makes me feel girly and small. Hehe.
    Like I said, the only person that things you look stupid is you. I am taller than Rich in heels ( :cool: ) and he doesn't care so neither do I.
  • Options
    Don't see why it matters, tbh. Some guys prefer tall, leggy girls, some prefer petite girls and there's room in the world for both. Rock your heels with pride :thumb:

ETA: some prefer averagely tall girls too, in case you middlies were feeling left out ;)
  • Options
    I'm 5'7" and rarely wear heels but when I do I never feel self concious.
  • Options
    my friend is 6 foot and she sometimes wears heels when we go out. she looks massive hehe but she rocks it, she looks good. like she says, why should she have to miss out on pretty shoes with heels just because shes a bit taller.
  • Options
    As Olive has stated, some guys do like their women very tall... and if you like to wear high heels, why not?
  • Options
    Oh, I could never do that.

Only by like half an inch, not loads.
  • Options
    I'm really short but i never wear heels!

I prefer feeling taller but I'm never very comfortable! Plus people make comments. :p

Swap with me and wear heels as much as you like? :p
  • Options
    kate- wrote: »
    I'm 5ft8 and I love wearing heels to make my legs look smaller but as most heels are 3/4 inches high this makes me huuugggeee and a bit self consious.

Anyone else have this?

What do lads think about it?

:)

This is just my opinion, others' may differ, but I find tall women to be hot as hell. Ok, I need to be attracted to them in other ways too but a tall woman will always get my attention. I'm 6 foot 1 and although it's never really caused a major problem before, it gets to be a pain in the neck (fnarr fnarr) having to almost bend down to kiss a woman, so if she's closer to my height then that's all good.

Also I don't know if it's just me but taller women always come across as classy and sophisticated - just my type :)
  • Options
    Im 5' 7.5 (the half counts!!) and i love wearing 4 - 5" heels! my shorter friends who are around 5'4" / 5'5" cant even walk in them and are jealous of my ability and my long legs! i think if you like them buy em and wear with pride!!!
  • Options
    I totally understand where you're comin from!! I'm over 6ft when I wear heels...which is usually every weekend. But you know, there is no point in feeling self-conscious because you just hav to strut your stuff! Think about models and how tall and confident they are in heels and they look hot!! Plus, being tall means you can spot people you fancy from across the dancefloor ;) Learn to love it sis