Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Expired Tampax!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    They are cotton wads so not as dangerous as wormy pork obviuosly but, I guess the worry is stuff growing on/in them. I would use them anyway, but I am tight like that.
  • Options
    I never knew they had an expiry date!! Haha thats random
  • Options
    A lot of products have an expiry date on them to protect the company from being sued. It's a way of limiting their liability.

Having said that it may be something to do with Toxic Shock Syndrome

http://www.kidshealth.org/teen/sexual_health/girls/tss.html
  • Options
    thats mad.. i would use them its not as if its food
  • Options
    Are you sure it is an expiration date and not some sort of production date or something? I just looked all over my box and the only thing on there was a lot number... no expiration date.
  • Options
    Are you sure it is an expiration date and not some sort of production date or something? I just looked all over my box and the only thing on there was a lot number... no expiration date.

LOL I was just going to say the very same. I looked at a box I've got earlier and it had "29/04/08" on it, then "EXP H/HU" and "09/13" on the line below the H/HU bit, which I took to be Sept 2013. I bought mine in Tesco a few weeks ago.