Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Improved Flavour

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anyone, ever in the histrory of the entire world actually found when a product they used to like has a label saying "Improved Recipe" - that it actually tastes better?

I assume means it's simply cheaper for supermarkets to produce because the product I just tasted is tasteless now - i.e. ASDA's Smart Price Chicken & Mushroom Flavour - Noodle Snack was something I used to like and buy quite often - well no longer - it's so tasteless now it's been "Improved"

Comments

• Options
    I know what you mean, I think a lot of the time when it says 'improved' it means that e numbers, additives etcc have been taken out of it, so while its been improved because its a bit better for your body now it doesnt always taste as nice.

i used to really like the small tins of asda beans and sausage, the reduced salt ones haha, then they changed it to a new improved recipe, changed the packaging and now it tastes horrible :yuck: well disappointed.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Could be 'death by stealth', make it so crap nobody wants it then get rid of it due to lack of demand.
  • Options
    pot noodles taste horrible now they have less salt. boo
  • Options
    minimi38 wrote: »
    pot noodles taste horrible now they have less salt. boo

They always tasted horrible! Add some more salt yourself maybe?
  • Options
    They always tasted horrible! Add some more salt yourself maybe?

Actually when they first came out they were really nice - over the years they got cheaper and cheaper tasting.