Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Quick q. asking a girl out (kind of as a friend)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It is broadly acknowledged I suck with women, and there's this girl I knew from last year who is pretty cool, haven't seen her that much this year (except we're always friendly when we chat) and anyway I wasn't going to say anything but last time I went to the comedy club she was there... this monday it's on again but I've got no friends to go with and wanted to ask her, but don't know how to ask her. Was going to send her a facebook message in all my epic failness.

I am being advised by a friend that I am failing hard in implying I just want to go with her because my friends aren't around. It's not that that's true, I just get a legitimate excuse to ask her. Anyway guys, formulate a good message. Here is what I've started with:
Hiya :)
are you going to the comedy club on Monday? I saw you there last time, I was going to go again this time but all my friends have gone home (I don't go home til weds) and didn't wanna go on my own.

Rich

I don't know whether it's a date or just as mates, I mean I do kinda fancy her a bit but dating seems a bit intimidating for me! And she's a really nice mate and comedy club would be chilled out and I go to have a laugh, not get really stressed :p

It's probably too short notice anyway, it's on tomorrow night, and she's doing maths and their exams are in the next couple of weeks so she's probably busy revising anyway.

Comments

• Options
    Personally, I think your playing on the whole

"I'm desperate to go tomorrow night but I have no one to go with" act.

I would say cut it short to something ALONG the lines of :

Hey,
    Saw you at the comedy club last week and was just wondering if you were up for going tomorrow night? Everyone's got back home and I'm here till Wednesday if ya fancy it?
    Rich
  • Options
    Well shyboy you never know till you ask.. and if she goes to comedy club then it might be that she plans to go on monday anyway??
    but as you said about exams.. you could pretend you forgot she had exams if her reply is no hehehe..
    i think your message is fine i would say yes to that but i wouls be sarcastic and say oh so you only asked me seen as you have no friends to go with:P
    and it doesnt seem like a date it seem as your asking as a mate as you dont want to be b yourself. i have asked this lad i know at uni but not as well as my group of friends to save me seats at lectures and then go for a drink at su after to slag of the lecture. hahaha.
  • Options
    It's so stressful! I'm going to hide instead, lol
  • Options
    It's not stressful. You need to calm down and wipe clean your bad past experiences and start afresh. If you go to a new date thinking how bad it is going to go, how bad you are at chatting and making conversation and how much the girl isn't going to like you then you are hardly starting on a positive note are you.

You CAN do it if you want to. It's meant to be fun. Jittery nerves are normal and add to the "excitement" if ya will. But don't get stressed about it.

Have you sent the message?
  • Options
    Just say something simple like

"Hey,Im heading down the comedy club tomorrow,just wondered if you fancied heading down with me?"

Go for it mate,the worst she can say is "Im busy"!
    Its easy.:thumb:
  • Options
    If it was me I wouldn't mention the lack of mates, just ask if she wants to come with, if she says no then its not the end of the world you havent lost anything or shown yourself up.
  • Options
    done!
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    done!

Argh..i came to this thread too late to advise..what did you end up saying? Have you heard back from her? :)
  • Options
    hi han han i said something like:

Hi, i was planning on going to the comedy club tomorrow do you want to come with me?

she said:

hey, i'm afraid i'm keepin myselpf cooped up at my desk/the library for this next week as i've got an exam on friday, and then a couple of shows on the weekend. when are you staying in york til? if i change my midn about 2mro, i'll let you know :)

D x

so c'est la vie.. but nothing ventured nothing gained... =) p.s.s orry for poor quality post writing this from my phone!

thanks all!
  • Options
    But she didn't say

UH NO IM NOT GOING ANYWHERE WITH YOU

I don't know if you have replied to her but if not just say

oh right, no worries didn't realise you had an exam. Best of luck in exam and will keep in touch for when I return to York

or summit like that

Nothing's lost though for trying is it :)
  • Options
    *Ashley* wrote: »
    Nothing's lost though for trying is it :)

Precisely :) yea I'm gonna reply now just saying no worries!

edit: how smooth am I?
    Hiya :)

I was thinking of heading down to the comedy club at wentworth tomorrow night, wanna come?

Rich

--

hey, i'm afraid i'm keepin myselpf cooped up at my desk/the library for this next week as i've got an exam on friday, and then a couple of shows on the weekend. when are you staying in york til? if i change my midn about 2mro, i'll let you know :)

D x

--

Ok no worries :) thanks for getting back to me. I've finished all my exams now so am going home on Wednesday.

Rich x
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Smoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooth!
  • Options
    JsT wrote: »
    Smoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooth!

As smooth as smooth peanut butter?
  • Options
    smoother
  • Options
    Let us know how it goes!
  • Options
    You are smooth ;) Hope it goes well. Though you can't always get the jest in texts it doesn't sound at all like she is blowing you off! Good luck shaft :D