Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Super Noodles To Go

On the pack it says

Typical Values Per 100g as served

Energy 464kj/11kcal

it aslo says

Per Serving

1685kj/401kcal

The pot weighs 85g, so what is the difference in per 100g as served and the per serving?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The water.
  • Options
    Well if they are dry noodles then its something to do with adding water to them. The 100grams doesnt mean it is 100 grams, just most foods have the 100g info. When you add the water to them it probably releases different ingredients that may not be active if they're dry. So the as served prob means when its dry, and the other means when its ready to be eaten. Hope that makes a bit of sense cos I know what I mean, just struggling to write it down!
  • Options
    So per pot 1685kj/401kcal seems an awful lot?
  • Options
    Virus wrote: »
    So per pot 1685kj/401kcal seems an awful lot?

It is quite a lot, but its not a massive amount. The problem is that its almost purely just fat and salt.
  • Options
    donut wrote: »
    Well if they are dry noodles then its something to do with adding water to them. The 100grams doesnt mean it is 100 grams, just most foods have the 100g info. When you add the water to them it probably releases different ingredients that may not be active if they're dry. So the as served prob means when its dry, and the other means when its ready to be eaten. Hope that makes a bit of sense cos I know what I mean, just struggling to write it down!

No. The 'as served' means exactly what it says, it means 100g of the watered down noodles. You eat more than 100g of the finished noodles, otherwise you would only be adding about 20g of water which really isnt very much.