Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

CPU usgage has gone madly to 100% and computer is Dam Slow

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi, so this started i think 2-3 days back that my computer start behaving like that, when i play songs they give sound like "grrrrr", i though because my windows is like 6 month old so it may be behaving like that but it dont stop and always disturb me, my whole work has been effected because of that, so i thought why not install windows again.

I install it again but same problem and now i am sure there is some fucking virus in my computer, so any idea what it is, i have latest AVG anti virus and its scanning my computer and lets see what it can do.

Any idea which virus it can be and how to fix it??

Comments

• Options
    press CTRL ALT DEL and it will tell you what is using the CPU the most
  • Options
    DG wrote: »
    press CTRL ALT DEL and it will tell you what is using the CPU the most
    Actually no program is taking my computer resources thats the problem, i hope u know when nothing is running its "System Idle" process who is running and thats it.
  • Options
    hard disk read issues? HD tach test?

virus scanners can slow things like that down massively. dont know how relevent it is to playing music though
  • Options
    After clearing analyzing the process running on my computer with the help of ProcessExplorer the problem which i find is listed on link below (basically its something about hardware interrupts), but on my pc it has been solved itself (dont know how).

http://frazzleddad.blogspot.com/2006/03/lousy-performance-high-hardware.html
    so if next time i will get that problem i will follow what is written in above link.
  • Options
    CD ROM Drives revert to PIO mode when they have trouble reading a CD - that could be part of your problem
  • Options
    DG wrote: »
    CD ROM Drives revert to PIO mode when they have trouble reading a CD - that could be part of your problem
    Nopes actually this is Hard Drive which is going to this mode.
  • Options
    So I was right about it being the hard disk :D
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    So I was right about it being the hard disk :D
    Yah but what i am not sure about is, should i change my hard drive or its a windows problem.