Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I pod

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have an I pod that I currently use with my pc. However I want to start using it with my laptop also. Is this possable orwill it keep wiping the songs when I swap it over. When I got a new pc and plugged it in it erased everything and I dont want this to happen again!

Comments

• Options
    it will keep erasing unless you have the same songs on both

ipods can only sync with one itunes unfortunately which plays havoc in my bloody house!
  • Options
    Welsh Jemz wrote: »
    it will keep erasing unless you have the same songs on both

ipods can only sync with one itunes unfortunately which plays havoc in my bloody house!

This is a myth - you just need to set your itunes so it manually manages the music - you basically decide what you copy on to it and what you don't.

I use my ipod on 2 desktops and 1 laptop and both my friends hook their ipods up to one of my desktops.

The next time you have your ipod plugged in and itunes loaded up, click on the main ipod icon and then select the 'manually manage music' option.

Job done. :yippe:
  • Options
    What you can do, is copy the folder 'Itunes' from within your Music folder onto your laptops music folder

Therefore you can sync, Itunes thinks its your desktop :)
  • Options
    itunes is shite use yamipod

http://www.yamipod.com/

:thumb:
  • Options
    Itunes looks pwetty'er :)
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote: »
    The next time you have your ipod plugged in and itunes loaded up, click on the main ipod icon and then select the 'manually manage music' option.

But it still wants to 'erase and synch' my iPhone ... :(
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote: »
    Itunes looks pwetty'er :)

also hogs a fuck load of resources, feels really 'clunky' and has much more of a tendancy to fuck up!
  • Options
    z- wrote: »
    itunes is shite use yamipod

http://www.yamipod.com/

:thumb:

Does it work with the iPhone? :)
  • Options
    i may need to experiment more then :chin:
  • Options
    Don't know about the iphone - purely cos i don't have one, but i presume it should work the same way if you have the latest version of the itunes and iphone software.

Doing what i suggested earlier works fine for my ipod and my friends, as they add my music on to their 'pod!:thumb: