Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Engagement

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

I'm going to propose to my gf this summer, but I'm stuck as what to do about the ring. I really like the romance of getting down on one knee with the ring already purchased by myself, but then I'm worried I will get it wrong. I have a good idea of the kind of ring she would like, but would I be better allowing her to choose it with me?

Thanks for your replies,

JJB

Comments

• Options
    JJB wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm going to propose to my gf this summer, but I'm stuck as what to do about the ring. I really like the romance of getting down on one knee with the ring already purchased by myself, but then I'm worried I will get it wrong. I have a good idea of the kind of ring she would like, but would I be better allowing her to choose it with me?

Thanks for your replies,

JJB
    I also have the same question, i mean if i have propose someone, how i get her size of finger to get the perfect ring?
  • Options
    It's well known the girth of a ladies ring finger is the same as the tightness of her bum hole.

In times gone by, the morning that a gent would be heading out to purchase the ring, he would get his lady of choice drunk, indulge in some exotic sex, and during which, usually when the female was approaching orgasm, he would slip a finger up her poop chute.

This would have the effect of both tipping the female over the edge in to a screaming climax, and also leave what became to be known as a brown love ring on his finger, which he would use as a marker in the jewellers as the point the engagement ring would need to reach on his finger to indicate the perfect fit.

I hope i've helped :)
  • Options
    Most shops will allow you to return/change/resize a ring if its not perfect so I'd suggest you go for one you think she'll like. But put thought into it, try and get the cut of the stone she likes etc.

As for ring size, frankly too big is better than too small. Has she got other rings you could measure?
  • Options
    Mr Orange wrote: »
    It's well known the girth of a ladies ring finger is the same as the tightness of her bum hole.

In times gone by, the morning that a gent would be heading out to purchase the ring, he would get his lady of choice drunk, indulge in some exotic sex, and during which, usually when the female was approaching orgasm, he would slip a finger up her poop chute.

This would have the effect of both tipping the female over the edge in to a screaming climax, and also leave what became to be known as a brown love ring on his finger, which he would use as a marker in the jewellers as the point the engagement ring would need to reach on his finger to indicate the perfect fit.

I hope i've helped :)

I really wish I had not read that! :yuck:
  • Options
    PearlyPearly Posts: 345 The Mix Regular
    I just heard about a friend who bought a cheapy ring from a certain cheap jewellers I won't name (!) so that he had something to actually propose with. Also inside the box was a real diamond - then they went to the jewellers together after he proposed so she could help design the ring and what to do with the diamond. Aw!
  • Options
    Last night i was thinking about it and just got the idea, as most of girls know that boys are not good in girly things (at least i am not good), so what i can do is while talking to her i can ask her like how these things are measured (i mean ring) and she will of course know and then in mean time i will ask for her size, what u all think? hope JJB can also use this method.
  • Options
    Try measuring the size of a ring she might already have? Depends whether she has any already I guess ;)
  • Options
    she will of course know

Sorry to ruin your idea, but I havent a clue how rings are measured. I had to get measured at a jewellers for my ring and I've completely forgotten my ring size now.

It might work for some, but not all girls will know their ring size. I think the easier way would be to measure one of her current rings. If she doesn't have any, she probably won't know her ring size either and so will need to get measured anyway.

I'd personally rather choose my own ring, but maybe thats just me. I think Pearly's idea was the best.
  • Options
    Getting the right size isn't exactly a dealbreaker. My ring had to be taken down 4 sizes, but I didn't think 'omg, how can I possibly marry a man who doesn't know the ring size of a finger I've never actually worn a ring on before. Sob, etc'.

If you're buying in advance, guess the size and then go together to have it altered. Easy peasy :thumb:
  • Options
    Olive wrote: »
    Getting the right size isn't exactly a dealbreaker. My ring had to be taken down 4 sizes, but I didn't think 'omg, how can I possibly marry a man who doesn't know the ring size of a finger I've never actually worn a ring on before. Sob, etc'.

If you're buying in advance, guess the size and then go together to have it altered. Easy peasy :thumb:

I have to agree.
  • Options
    I just stole one of her other rings. As for picking the ring, over the months before I'd just been watching the hints come in lol.