Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

No idea of a title...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
~

Comments

• Options
    look like my story :D
  • Options
    Looks like your story huh?
    You feel this way to..?
    Are you still feeling like this, or are things better...
  • Options
    Looks like your story huh?
    You feel this way to..?
    Are you still feeling like this, or are things better...

Much better now but this is called life what i have learned from all this. We should not blame it just face it like an adult.
  • Options
    Mmmm I know what you mean.
    Face it. I guess so.....
  • Options
    Mmmm I know what you mean.
    Face it. I guess so.....
    Biggest problem i find in all these was that i was so much confuse all the time, not sure about any thing, like its all dream out there, nothing is real, and it screwed my life alot, and from that day it has been solved i am much much better and taking life as "something which is active all the time". but since due to all those thing ripple effects are there but since no more confuse so can handle them.

Just be positve and what i know is u will find urself very good after all this experience and will say in ur head this was good to happen with me (only if u find urself out of it early) and it will make u much better person in general (that is how i see myself now).
  • Options
    I think that you need to get rid of the girlfriend and concentrate on finding out who you are. Its awful but however right for you she is maybe you just met her at the wrong time? 14 is incredibly young to find someone who you are going to be with for the rest of your life and if being with her means that you are compromising on doing some of the other teenage things - then maybe you should reconsider your relationship with her, tbh it sounds a bit like you have already come to this conclusion yourself.

From personal experience i went out with someone from the age of 15 for 2 years - until a week before my 18th birthday - when i just freaked out and realised that i was far to young to be in a relationship that serious and that i was missing out on lots of things like going out with my friends and to party's and all sorts of other stuff.

you should be out having fun (obv not so much that you compromise your future) and if your not enjoying yourself and having fun together then there isn't much point really is there?

Re the parents - i think that when your a teenager with the massivest will in the world your going to probably annoy your parents and it works the same as well - your parents are probably trying to be cool towards you - paying for things and making sure you get the best in life - being reletavely tollerent of the fact that you spend so much time with your gf - and then it all coming out wrong when they feel like they aren't getting as much of you as they want in return.

So you might want to make a little time for them - suggesting that you all eat a family meal together or gettign a take away one friday or saturday night and just talk to them - not about anythign serious.

Also you shoudl thank them for sending you on the music trip.
  • Options
    I can relate to a lot of that definately.

First, grass is not always greener, it's easy to get down about things when that's the way they are but equally we would get down about them if they were different too. Sorry, that doesn't make a lot of sense..

Rockstars for example who have all the money and all the friends in the world still get depressed. I think it isn't about finding the right things to make you happy, but making yourself happy with your life and more often than not you'll realise the right things will happen naturally.

This is life though, not everyone makes loads of friends or gets on with everyone or even is liked. Don't ge invited to parties and the like, just have to make the best of what we've got.
  • Options
    ~
  • Options
    Yea I know what you mean about feeling depressed because you don't know what to do! It's so common for people who are in education around this age (I mean, look at threads on this forum) to not know what they're doing or feel like it's all pointless. I loved getting a job last summer as I felt real satisfaction every day that I'd done a good job, provided a good service for our customers, and at the end of it I got paid a massive (compared to my budget of ~£40 a week at uni including food!) wage.

I had free time with no 'worries' about exams and that, so just spent my wage on my hobbies, got loads done, got into gardening lol, felt such a sense of achievement.

Came back to uni, remembered that 90% of the time is spent dossing, felt the same sense of apathy as before. But gonna keep on going til I get my degree as it should enable me to get a better career.

LOL a goose just landed in a tree outside me ;p. FYI you are not a pigeon! (I shall post pics ;) lol)

And partying is great fun and you need to do it! Think of the sims, I think that's a good reflection of how to be happy. We have social needs! :p

But of course you need to balance this with your responsibilities otherwise you will feel like you've achieved nothing...
  • Options
    I mean I seriously bet that you are SO happy that you ended that relationship when you were younger, so you could live some

TBH its all a very long time ago now and i've been out with loads of other people in between - but I guess my main point is that I put it off for a year dithering about weather it was the right thing to do or not and not wanting to hurt him and i guess ultimately worrying about being alone, even though i knew in my heart of hearts that it was a relationship that wasn't really going anywhere.

I had an incredible amount of fun as a teenager and so spending almost 3 years stuck in a relationship which was alright for the first bit probably didn't hurt me so much - but i'm not sure it made it any better other than teaching me a couple of valuable life lessons about how to identify what is a good relationship not just an OK one.

If your not even sure you love her then why are you continuing to stick with her?
  • Options
    Thing is shes so over the top about everything, constantly acuses me of cheating (when I have never, ever done anything of the sort) and I think shes just not normal when it comes to being an 18 year old. She doesn't want to go to partys or even quiet social gatherings, or anything of the sort. Most of the time we are just lying on the sofa, watching the tv every saturday/sunday nite. Granted sometimes we go bowling or shopping but its like once every 2 or so weeks.

If I even talk to a female I'm in the dog house, or even if I hang out with friends.

This would do my nut. That is no way to run a relationship. If she doesn't trust you, you shouldn't be with her. Simple as.

Also, at 18, you should indeed be enjoying yourself. She sounds a rather dull individual.
  • Options
    I agree with some of the other posters here in that maybe it's time to split from your girlfriend. It sounds like you are already having doubts and 14 is awful young to have met someone to be with for your whole life especially when you are missing out on time with friends to be with her instead.

When you have been with someone so long and in such an important part of your life it can be difficult to imagine hurting them or being without that person but sometimes it really is for the better.

Good luck.