Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Eye problem

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I keep seeing blurry bits in my eyes, like something is blocking my vision. I also get a black dot (like a fly) in both eyes, when I focus on it it disappears. I get shadowy bits as well..

Could this be my hair in my eyes? My fringe is a bit long (growing it out :lol:) Or, I oftenuse a glitter eyeshadow, could this have something to do with it?

I'm awful worried, googled it and it came up with retinal detachment, I'm really hoping that's not what's wrong, don't fancy going blind!!!

Comments

• Options
    How small is this dot? Afaik, everyone has a spot of no vision on both eyes, but this is a very small one, so one doesn't recognize it without really concentrating.

As for other concerns, I'd see you doctor just to be sure. If it turns out to be retinal detacthment, try not to worry too much. There's treatment for this, one I know has had his retina reattached back to the rear wall of the eye by surgery, and his vision is just fine today :)
  • Options
    T-Kay wrote: »
    How small is this dot?

It's tiny, like a fly sort of thing lol.
  • Options
    It's tiny, like a fly sort of thing lol.

If you notice it all the time and also the shadows you mentioned I'd see a GP just to sort it out :)..And remember if something is loose in your eye they can usually reattach :)
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Definately seems to be floaters to me. Nothing major to be worried about.
  • Options
    ive got something that loos like a huge shadowy scratch down the vision on my left eye. ive had it for ages and its never got worse.