Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

could i have dyslexia?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i don't think it would be a common type of dyslexia you would associate with as i can read fine aswell as with spelling, BUT, i really really struggle getting words out :( or i know what ill want to say but it'l come out completely different-and i read these "symptoms" on a website about it.

So i dunno? :confused::confused:

Comments

• Options
    There are tons of different symptoms of dyslexia and the only way to know for sure is to be tested for it, but most such tests test for spelling, handwriting and reading since they're the most common symptoms.

If you're at uni or school or something, you could probably ask to be tested, but to be honest, I'm not sure what they could do for you.

My handwriting's appalling, so I get to use a computer in exams. My spelling was rubbish when I was younger so I was given a hand-held spell check. I'm not sure what they could do for you even if you were diagnosed as dyslexic, but you might as well try.

Good luck :thumb:
  • Options
    I've done a few tests on the internet and they have all come back that I have a high probability of being dyslexic. I'm trying to be tested through the uni, as it;s my third year now and hoping to add some degree modules onto my diploma!

Try and get tested through college or uni, it is expensive to pay for your own test!!
  • Options
    cheers guys, well iv took your advice and iv booked myself in for an appointment at the doctors. im off to university in september so i can always wait till then to get an actual test if one is needed.

in a way i hope it is something similar if not dyslexia as it would make things so much clearer and understandable! :D
  • Options
    souns like you might have verbal dyslexia or dyspraxia.

i've got both, but not verbal, more organisational and kinethetic