Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Should I go...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have absolutely no idea which forum to put this in but it can be moved if needs be...

last November i applied for a job working abroad with eurocamp holidays as a childrens courier. i managed to get a position, but only as a high season courier, which i was told meant i would be going out in july until september.

this seemed perfect for me, i thought it would be a nice break from everything, two months away doing something i enjoyed, i wouldn't miss my boyfriend, family or friends too much because it was only 8 weeks, and if i didnt like it then i could definitely stick it out for that amount of time.

thing is i got a letter this morning from them saying they need to change my start date to the first of june. which means i'll be leaving the country in two weeks. i'm pretty shocked and i don't know what to do at all. i didnt really want to go away for that long, i know its only 1 month longer but it just seems like a lot to me. I've worked abroad 3 times before so i know how it is and 3 months seemed like ages when I was in america for that long.

thing is now I'm just in a real conundrum, i dont know whether to not go at all, but i really dont want to end up regretting it, or ring them and ask if theres a possibility of starting later, or just tough it out and leave in two weeks. im so confused, i don't really want to think about it :-/

any advice?

Comments

• Options
    Is this just a summer job, or is it preperation for a future full time job? If its the latter then definitely go, if its just a fun job to get money then maybe ask if you can go later.
  • Options
    Just go. Europe is sooo much closer than USA so it's a different kettle of fish. 3 months is still sod all.
  • Options
    i'd go. i think you'd regret it otherwise. 3 months really isn't much in the scheme of things. you said its something you'll enjoy doing so go and enjoy it for another month.
  • Options
    Is it the boyfriend you'll miss most? Is there any chance of him visitting halfway through if its not too far away?
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Go Go Go :)