Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Gordon Browns latest speech

Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    How bizarre!

The only way labour can be saved is if they rally behind him and if he does something special. In my opinion, anyway.
  • Options
    Scathing satire. One day this video-making fellow may reach the dizzying heights of Brant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCPRqmMsKYI
  • Options
    Shameless self-promotion MrG. Shameless. :p
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    How bizarre!

The only way labour can be saved is if they rally behind him and if he does something special. In my opinion, anyway.

The Tories in the run-up to '97 were divided and too busy infighting to pose any challenge to Tony Blair and New Labour... 10+ years on and Labour are where the Tories were then.

I don't think Brown can win the next election. Brown isn't going to win any popularity contests amongst Labour members, he's made far too many enemies and Labour will only rally behind him on the eve of the Tories getting back into power... (Although, when a Tory victory looks to be in the bag, I expect some Lab MPs will probably defect).

There's been rumours about David Miliband and he's probably Labour's best chance. Brown is unacceptable to 'Blairites' who are doing everything they can to destroy him - but Miliband is a 'blairite', although serving as Foreign Sec in a Brown government.
  • Options
    I just got bored and felt a bit pissed off at Brown!
  • Options
    I suspect Miliband is too canny. He be mad to oust Brown before an election which he'd still loose. Better to wait until Brown resigns after the election and then try as leader of opposition and then PM
  • Options
    174 views of it so far, not too bad! :P
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    The only way Labour can be saved is if they rally behind him and if he does something special.
    Look, even if Macavity managed to bring about world peace and the end of all poverty across the planet, he'd still manage to lose the next election. The fact remains that Bottler Brown should have called an immediate election last autumn. He would have won it decisively. Now, no matter what time he works up the courage to call one, he's fucked. Politicially, he'll be as dead as the dodo.