Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

One thing after another!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So back in January I ended up in hospital because I got C.dif from some antibiotics. Ended up having 6 weeks off work.

Then in February I ended up in hospital again because of my on-going gynae problems. I had another week off work then.

Last week I got a cold... Friday night it felt like it was going onto my chest; by Saturday morning I had to go to the on-call doctors because it was obvious I had a chest infection. Was given antibiotics, thought everything would be OK, but took the day off work because my breathing was so bad.
Anyway... by the time I went to bed my breathing had got even worse and my mum took me to A&E.
Was given a nebulisor (dunno how its spelt) and steroid to calm down the lung inflamation. Aparently my bronchiols had gone into spasm or something. Was sent home with an inhaler and more steroids to take for a few days.

The problem is... I probably should take tomorrow off work. (My mum's been nagging me a bit to... and they said at A&E I'd probably need the time off).
But I'm really reluctant to... I've had 7 weeks off work this year alone and I feel really bad about it - plus I get paid hourly so sick-pay doesn't kick in until you've been off more than 3 days and have a doctors note. (And sick-pay is shit anyway, and I'm already struggling for money).

I'm just fed up of being ill with this that or the other. And I'm worried that my managers are getting pissed off with me because of all the time I've had off. They haven't said anything about it... But I'm a bit paranoid I supose.
I know I've missed out on being given a contract with more hours because of my health.
Trouble is, I know I'm going to need an operation at some point this year too, so that'll be even more time off. ARRRRRRRGH!

Just feeling like crap and worried. :(

Comments

• Options
    Well you have to think that if you don't take the time off when you need it, you'll probably end up even more ill further down the line. If it's avoidable and you don't think it will exascerbate your condition, then don't take the time off. But your health is more important than the job!

Hope you feel better soon :)
  • Options
    Don't know what you did in the end, but if you had today off, it may well pay off in you being a lot better tomorrow with the steroids and the inhaler, get a bit of a kick start towards getting over it.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I know the decision will have been made, but your health is too important to mess with. You should take the doctor/nurse's advice and take time off to get over it.

Bless your little cottons, you aint been having the best time of late!
  • Options
    OK, I probably deserve a slap... but I did struggle into work this morning. I did make sure I took lots of breaks, and I did survive, and I went to bed when I got home. I just couldn't contemplate have yet more time off work. :(