Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

google remembering my searches!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hiya

when i start to type a word in the google 'search' bar it brings up a list below of everything i have searched beginning with that letter or that matches what i am typing.

How do i stop it from doing this and from recording what i have searched!!!

Any help would be much appreciated xx

Comments

• Options
    Hmmmm I changed it so that it did'nt save that ages ago, but I can't remember how. Anyway You can delete what is there. One way is to use the arrow keys and press delete on the one you highlight.
  • Options
    Tools / internet options / Content tab / autocomplete settings
    untick all
  • Options
    thank you!!!:)
  • Options
    But on the subject of recording what you've searched for, Google keep a record of all searches and where they originate, for an unruly number of years. So that one day a policeman can turn up on your doorstep with reams of paper and say, "You! On 29th March 2002 you searched for, and I quote, Strapping young ducks. Care to explicate?"
  • Options
    And i personally like the functionality of google suggest so never thought of changing it. sorry cannot help in this regard
  • Options
    Just stop searching for Busty Young Hotties and it'll eventually disappear from the list.
  • Options
    you can delete them individually as well, by pressing delete when they are highlighted.
  • Options
    go through the registry.
  • Options
    Yep, you do the same - tools, internet options, content (autocomplete - it's the third heading down on the content tab) settings, then untick the forms and web addresses (and ideally the user names / passwords).

Plus if you want to delete the stored ones, just click on the delete tab on the autocomplete settings page.

You should really stop looking at 'those' websites :p
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Mist wrote: »
    Just stop searching for Busty Young Hotties and it'll eventually disappear from the list.

What I was going to said.