Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

strange excel thing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Whenever I type in the word "true" into a cell, it always goes to capital letters, Calibri size 11, no matter what the rest of the document is. It does it for false as well, but there is no way to manually override it that I can see. Does anyone know how to turn it off? Because it's making my work look bad with this huge TRUE sticking out of an otherwise normal wordlist!

help :(

Comments

• Options
    you could try ="true"
  • Options
    :thumb:
    genius, thanks :)
  • Options
    Might be the case with words as, if, else and so on as well. Those are probably restricted keywords for making logics in formulas and stuff like that, so that's probably the reason for being bold. Solution above should always work.
  • Options
    Nah, it's only true and false.

You could also fix it by adding a space after the word. "true " "false "

Glad it's workin tho! :)
  • Options
    The "correct" way to fix it is to mark the cell as containing a text value - type a single quote first -

'true
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    On openoffice, if you right-click on a cell (or whole column etc) you get the "format cells" option, in which there's a "numbers" tab under which you can pick Category>Text and that fixes it.
    I suppose that excel must have something similar.
  • Options
    I tried that Indrid and it did bugger all! In fact, that was the first thing I tried.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I tried that Indrid and it did bugger all! In fact, that was the first thing I tried.
    Imagine, ooffice works better than ms office! Who'd have thought? :p