Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

murder mystery night

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
uhh i am going to one on saturday night...what do you do in them??

Comments

• Options
    Its like cluedo isn't it where you have to figure out who killed and where and stuff?

Or I might be completley wrong!!!
  • Options
    yeah no one has told me much..my boyfriend still has my character sheet so all i know is i am an IT girl who wears frosty pink lipstick and a ball dress :grump:
  • Options
    It might be tho, that you are all invited to a castle by some count who plays his sick games with you by murdering every one of you and you have to figure out who and when it will happen, just to realize that the count is already long dead, murdered.... by.... someone's deranged grandma.

I should go to hollywood, really.
  • Options
    so all i know is i am an IT girl who wears frosty pink lipstick and a ball dress :grump:

So no change from normal then? :confused: :razz:
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    So no change from normal then? :confused: :razz:

oi you!! :D

my mum said to wear my ball gown to it..but uhhhhh it's a bit much!! i know they said ball gown but i dont think they are expecting me to go in one
  • Options
    i dunno, the ones ive been too everyones REALLY got into character! nice dress rather than a full on ball gown would be fine tho id think!
  • Options
    I would wear the ball gown if it were me.
  • Options
    it's kinda more like a bridesmaid dress tho..

what actually happens at the murder mystery night? fill me in!! :shocking:
  • Options

Normally someone dies.
  • Options
    Mist wrote: »
    Normally someone dies.
    Don't spoil it! :p:lol:
  • Options
    noo i actually didnt know that.

i mean i knew there would be a murder to begin with but uhh not that characters get bunked off during the actual game
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    That sounds interesting... I'd like to take part in one someday.
  • Options
    i mean i knew there would be a murder to begin with but uhh not that characters get bunked off during the actual game

:lol: now that would be a game!

No, that doesn't happen. Basically whenever my parents do one, they have a box with all the character info and short scripts for certain bits of the game, like just before the main meal or before pudding or something like that. And some people are given evelopes to open and reveal something about their character or something they "knew" about the dead person. Its just guessing who's the murderer basically. Sounds a good laugh. Have fun!

Just remembered: My dad has to dress up as a fisherman one time. Lol. Think my mum was some glamorous character at the same party. They must have looked a right pair together!
  • Options
    Is it a proper organised one or one where you get a box and listen to a tape?

We had one in a box once and it told us what to make for dinner then we had to listen to a tape and read a script out of a book! It was hilarious
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster

I actually wore a bridesmaid dress to a murder mystery night once because I was supposed to be the queen and it was like a red ball gown - it was great because everyone really dressed up for it - like well OTT. Very amusing. It's like role play where everyone has clues and you have to work out who the murderer is. All very silly, but fun, in my experience.
  • Options
    This is a photo from a murder mystery night I went to about 18 months back. I'm on the right and was meant to be a Marianne Faithful-type character in a floaty dress. Jo's character (on the right) was another funky 60s girly, I can't remember who Vikki was. Wear the ballgown if you can, dressing up is almost the best part!
  • Options
    Funny, my housemates and I were talking about these yesterday...one of them went on one the other week and said it was brilliant. Basically nobody knows who the murderer is, the person gets told halfway through the evening (so keep your eye out for someone going red, that's how my housemate guessed who it was :razz: ) I second everyone else though, definitely get dressed up for it. I think you'll love it.
  • Options
    Hehe I might wear the dress then. My character is Tara Palmer Tompkinson ish and an I.T girl. All I have for costume is frosty pink lippie and a ball gown plus full makeup. I think it's an already scripted one that came in a box.
  • Options
    I think it's an already scripted one that came in a box.

Do you mean it will be at your friend's house? I don't think I would wear a ball gown for that!
  • Options
    kangoo wrote: »
    Do you mean it will be at your friend's house? I don't think I would wear a ball gown for that!

yeahhh :blush: im just going to wear a dress..that will be a shock enough
  • Options
    Personally, I would still wear the ball gown, friends house or other place, dressing up is fun!
  • Options
    yeahhh :blush: im just going to wear a dress..that will be a shock enough

pix plz. ;)
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    Personally, I would still wear the ball gown, friends house or other place, dressing up is fun!

:yes: I'm going to two balls and a wedding in the next couple of months, I've already been prancing around in my dress for fun :yippe:
  • Options
    enit, anything remotely formal is an excuse to wear your best dress.