Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Confused

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, so while at work I visit a cafe a few times a week for lunch. While in there I noticed an attractive girl behind the counter and a few weeks of looking back and forward etc and some flirting I ask her out and give her my number. She texts me and we have a little chat and loosely organise to go out for a drink soon, a friend might be coming down to stay with her so she says she'll text me or speak to me if I'm in getting lunch. So I go in a few days later and we have a chat etc and I mention I'm going to a party and she says text me if you get bored. Anyhoo so I text her a while later to see what's happening in regards to going for a drink and I haven't heard from her since. It's been 5 days, what is going on?

Comments

• Options
    hmmm.....
  • Options
    Just text her again! Got nothing to lose...
  • Options
    Why not just bloody ring her?!

Texting is such a shit way of getting in contact for this kind of thing.
  • Options
    I hardly know the girl so I don't fancy ringing her plus I don't know if I should text again. I mean, what would I say? I might see her tomorrow if she is working.
  • Options
    Don't ring or text next time you go in ask her out for a drink and actually arrange something so it's definate.
  • Options
    Don't ring or text next time you go in ask her out for a drink and actually arrange something so it's definate.

That's my plan, here's hoping she's working tomorrow.
  • Options
    I hardly know the girl so I don't fancy ringing her plus I don't know if I should text again. I mean, what would I say? I might see her tomorrow if she is working.

So.... you've never rung somebody you barely know to ask them out?

Christ.

Could be an age thing. [Adopts his fullest Yorkshire accent]When I were a lad, we didn't even have mobile phones, instant chat things etc etc[/Adopts his fullest Yorkshire accent]

It's true. We actually had to speak to people. Aye, ask her face to face if you end up setting foot in her workplace again. If not, ring her. :)
  • Options
    g_angel wrote: »
    So.... you've never rung somebody you barely know to ask them out?

Christ.

Could be an age thing. [Adopts his fullest Yorkshire accent]When I were a lad, we didn't even have mobile phones, instant chat things etc etc[/Adopts his fullest Yorkshire accent]

It's true. We actually had to speak to people. Aye, ask her face to face if you end up setting foot in her workplace again, if not, ring her.

Also, I don't want to appear desperate considering she didn't reply last time I texted her. I shall pop in for lunch so it shall be done tomorrow.
  • Options
    It's very easy to be busy when you get a text, read it, not have time to reply and then completely forget about it. Just phone her, if you don't see her. Texts really are hopeless for sorting stuff like this out. Just imagine that you're talking to her face to face on the phone, it really isn't that different.
  • Options
    Also, I don't want to appear desperate considering she didn't reply last time I texted her. I shall pop in for lunch so it shall be done tomorrow.

If calling after someone did not text back would be 'desperate' than I reckon the dating-rate would drastically decrease. I don't answer all my txts always. Sometimes I'm driving or am in lecture and just forget about it. If she doesn't pick up the phone on 2 different occasions and doesn't call back, yeah, then you can write it off.

What do you plan to do, when you meet her? I hope talking and not just awkwardly staring at each other. Just ring her up already.
  • Options
    Well you have 2 choices really.

One choice is to not do anything, and spend the next however long period of your life wondering "what if?".

The other choice is to give her a call and see what happens.

At least with choice 2 you know for sure either way.