Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Strange red bumps...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Recently I shaved my pubes (as my girlfriend goes down there) and at the bottom of my knob theres about 3-4 little red bumps,kind of look like whiteheads.
I was really shitting myself that I had herpes but they arent tender,have never itched or been sore or anything.No sore throats or fevers.Plus,Ive been checked at the GUM clininc and was all clear and so is my gf and shes the only one in a year Ive had unprotected sex with.
Could they be ingrown hairs?They feel solid when I squeeze them and dont hurt and Ive popped them and a tiny bit of pus came out,this was after holding a hot wet flannel against them to soften the skin.
Ive also put E45 on them but would savlon be better for the antiseptic bit?
Any help appreciated (please tell me they`re not herpes:nervous:Im really worried. )
Cheers.

Comments

• Options
    I'm going to bet that they're ingrowing hairs. If you give it a few days, so there's some obvious regrowth and they're still causing concern nip down to the knob doctor. I would not recommend shaving to skin down there, just trim carefully with scissors to keep it short.
  • Options
    Yeah, probably just ingrown hair, or "razor bumps" how some call them. They usually don't make a problem and come out after a few days, but in some rare cases they stay underneath the skin and can cause infections.
    Wouldn't worry too much, it's pretty common.
  • Options
    Cool,well thats a bit of a weight off my mind then.
    Is there anything else I can do to help speed up the recovery process?
  • Options
    Exfoliate! next time do it first if your going to shave down there :)