Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Do you ever find

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
That there is someone who is new who's joined the site and only posted a couple of times but you know straight away that they are really sound?

Comments

• Options
    Yeah, has happened a few times like.
  • Options
    yea. That's usual for me in real life too. I have an good intuition who I will come along with and with who not so good in several minutes.
    Don't believe that's something unusual however.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    yea. That's usual for me in real life too. I have an good intuition who I will come along with and with who not so good in several minutes.
    Don't believe that's something unusual however.

:D
  • Options
    :D

of course there are exceptions to the rule,... but if they are persistent enough you take a liking to them.

:heart:
  • Options
    right back at you matt :thumb:

to the original post..i never really notice and forget that people are new. but there are some class people here
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Wyetry wrote: »
    That there is someone who is new who's joined the site and only posted a couple of times but you know straight away that they are really sound?

:yes:

And it works the other way too - I often know instantly who I'm not going to get on with.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    No, although I instantly always know who I won't get on with. Most of you fit into that category, let's face it... :p
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster

Definitely :)
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    No, although I instantly always know who I won't get on with. Most of you fit into that category, let's face it... :p

You still owe me a drink. ;/ And I owe you one. I swear I promised you one.

You conservative git. :p
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote: »
    You still owe me a drink. ;/ And I owe you one. I swear I promised you one.

You conservative git. :p
    You'll never get that drink, I'm telling you now.
  • Options
    I've been told by at least two of my best online mates that they thought I was a scary bitch first when they saw posts by me. ;) Also one of my good long term friends is somebody who pissed me off good and proper to begin with.

But usually I'll know within long if I'll get along, I am however pretty laid back and often I've had some nutters befriend me because it's really hard to get a rise out of me so I don't drive some quasi-obnoxious people away. ;)

Also, I don't remember when was the last time I made a new friend online. :p
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    You'll never get that drink, I'm telling you now.

:( Meanie.
  • Options
    i've been here aaaaaaages now not that you'd know it by my post count, lol

but yes i get that too
  • Options

Not me - though I never rush in on my assumption of someone irl. Like to take my time so I can suss out the freaks and believe me I've had the misery of many of them :D