Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Plastic planet.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone been watching it?

Comments

• Options
    You mean show about challenging environmental problem with regards to the use of plastic bags that don't decompose when trown into nature?
  • Options
    Yeah ..that little tiny island 'midway' ...in the middle of the pacific was quite disturbing. Tons of our crap washing up and killing so much of the wild life!
    Fighting a loosing battle each week trying to clear it all ...soon as they get a clean beach ...the tide brings a fresh load. Makes you wonder what the middle of the pacific looks like these days.
    Thing is...you'll just all keep purchasing this stuff ...and then chucking it.
    Purchasing some more ...and chucking that ...over and over and over without a care in the world. I'm trying my best not to purchase anything at all except things i realy need ...beer and stuff.
    To be fair ...it's probably easier at my age. I have for months been emptying any veg i get from supermarkets into my own bags and leaving the plastic at the checkout ...caused quite a stir at first but now ...oh no ...heres that nutty old guy again!
  • Options
    Your jobs and carears depend on consuming at levels which cannot be sustatined.
    Your killing my world!
    I'm killing my world!
    Seriously ...what will it take to get people ...nations ...to do something?
    I can hear it now ...here he is mouthing off about depressing stuff again.
    IT'll be a lot more fucking depressing if something doesn't change.
    I even doubt we can change. It isn't just a lack of political will or even individual awareness. Our modern societies foundation is the landfill site. If we all stopped buying stuff to chuck into it ...our modern world would collapse.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz............................

:p:p:p
  • Options
    JsT wrote: »
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz............................

:p:p:p

Oh well ...it was a nice planet while it lasted.