Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Australian Tattoo

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been living in Australia for 6 months now and my time is coming to an end. I've been thinking about getting a new tattoo to help remember my time here but i'm having trouble coming up with ideas. I don't want anything huge, just something simple with an Australian/Aboriginal theme to it. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Could just have the oz version of the southern cross done.

Or maybe an oz animal you really like? Or like, if you were in Sydney - the opera house or something
  • Options
    will you get a tattoo of any time you may spend in brixton?
    Think about tattoos :)
    tis all I am saying.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    http://www.aboriginalartonline.com/culture/cimages/iconography.gif

I quite like the star one, but as Brit Jamez said, you need to be perfectly sure that it is what you want.
  • Options
    Hey, think I replied to your post about a campervan a while back...how did the van work out for you?
    As for tattoos, my boyfriend got one in New Zealand just before we came back from travelling for the same sort of reasons. He (with the help of the tattooist) came up with a design with a Maori-style influence - although not directly Maori as he didn't want to be disrespectful seeing as he's not Maori or even from New Zealand - it was based on the shape of the two main islands that make up New Zealand, but not so obviously that you look at it and think "that's New Zealand", if you know what I mean. It came out really well and he's happy with it. So maybe you could choose something that has an Aboriginal art influence on a symbol that means something to you? I know that's a bit vague but it could be a start. Perhaps go into a few tattoo studios and ask their advice?
  • Options
    get a portrait one done I reckon.
    rolf.jpg
  • Options
    Hey StupidGirl...the van trip went great. We finally arrived in Cairns a few days ago so we're just mulling around trying to sell it on now. Fingers crossed... Gonna fly back to Sydney and work a few more months now I reckon, either that or WWOOFING

Cheers for the suggestions guys, keep em coming. PS I have a few big tats already so it's not a big deal to me, but thanks for the concern :P
  • Options
    get a portrait one done I reckon.
    rolf.jpg

NOOOO! Don't propagandize to people to tattoo his portrait! I want to remain the only on with this unique tattoo.
  • Options
    Get a green and yellow Kangaroo. :thumb:
  • Options
    StupidGirl wrote: »
    Hey, think I replied to your post about a campervan a while back...how did the van work out for you?
    As for tattoos, my boyfriend got one in New Zealand just before we came back from travelling for the same sort of reasons. He (with the help of the tattooist) came up with a design with a Maori-style influence - although not directly Maori as he didn't want to be disrespectful seeing as he's not Maori or even from New Zealand - it was based on the shape of the two main islands that make up New Zealand, but not so obviously that you look at it and think "that's New Zealand", if you know what I mean. It came out really well and he's happy with it. So maybe you could choose something that has an Aboriginal art influence on a symbol that means something to you? I know that's a bit vague but it could be a start. Perhaps go into a few tattoo studios and ask their advice?

:) I know the type you're talking about. They're cool.