Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

burning when i pee

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i have just finished my period, half way through my period i would get a burning feeling when i pee, it wasnt all the time when i peed but most.
i also get a pinkish colour as well, im pretty sure its not left over blood or anything like that as it looks quite faint and more pink then red.

i dont think its really a sexual disease either as ive only ever slept with one guy for the last 4 years

anyone got ideas on what it could be

Comments

• Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    lil_krissy wrote: »
    i have just finished my period, half way through my period i would get a burning feeling when i pee, it wasnt all the time when i peed but most.
    i also get a pinkish colour as well, im pretty sure its not left over blood or anything like that as it looks quite faint and more pink then red.

i dont think its really a sexual disease either as ive only ever slept with one guy for the last 4 years

anyone got ideas on what it could be

the burning could be cystitis but the pink I am not so sure - I would pop to GP to get it checked out :)
  • Options
    It could be a urine infection. I'd pop to your GP and get yourself checked out :yes:
  • Options
    Sounds very like a bad kidney/water infection, get it sorted asap because you could end up in hospital :) x
  • Options
    I had the pinky coloured wee when i had a urinary tract infection. i also found that it hurt most just as i finished and my gp said the pain was coming from the bladder as it closes.
    As everyone else said, GP before it moves to your kidneys. Is there a walk in centre you can go to?
  • Options
    The pink colour is most likely to be a small amount of blood in your urine. As said already this sounds like cystitis - you can get treatments from the chemist, cystopurin is one... if that doesn't help then get to the doctors for some antibiotics.

Keep your fluids up, that is the most important thing. I had cystitis recently and literally drowned myself with the amount of water I was drinking!

Cranberry juice is good but is more for prevention than treatment...