Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

so depressed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
sorry but this should prob be in the main depression thread but that is the last thing on my mind right now.

I feel so depressed, its getting so bad i dont even feel like i have a reason to live anymore. I have tears trickleling as i know i have no use to the world and that no one would really miss me.

i have been self harming, its getting so bad i cant really wear a short sleeved top due to the cuts on my arm. even in shops or during class im doing some sort of harm to myself.

im already turning to alcohol as a safety net. But i feel worse if i dont drink and then as i drink more i start hating myself more. the only way out of alcohol that i currently see is drugs which i have actively started seeking.

at this moment i dont see any way out. i havent been happy or laughed for god knows how long. please please help me in some way. I try to present myself as a happy go lucky comedian type character, ashamed of what emotios are really going through my head. one time someone described me as a classic 'tragic comic" because they felt the persona i portrated wasnt really me...which is of course true

Comments

• Options
    have you spoken to anyone about how u feel?? gp? school/uni counseller?
    A lot of people here will relate to how your feeling right now. You might find that other thread useful.
    You know alcohol and drugs arent the answer, so do something about it before it gets out of hand.
    It might seem like theres know way out, and that you'll never feel better but it always gets easier. speak to someone
  • Options
    Try going for a long walk. Is generally what I do if I feel low, clears your head a bit.
  • Options
    i understand. i don't think anything else i can say would be as helpful as saying that you are not alone, you are not the only one and there are people who have gone through what you are feeling now and ended up happy.

read some of the pages on thesite health section.

take care, and don't be afraid to post if it helps you.