Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

For once a good flight meal!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:wave: Hi everyone!
For once, on a flight to Spain, I had a good meal!
The main dish was called Veggie Tagine, and that is what I am going to make today (prolly wont turn out as good as the flight meal!)
It is basically a rice and veggie slightly spiced dish from Morocco with lots of good healthy things in it! I highly recommend it!

Has anyone got some recipes They could share?:)

Comments

• Options
    i dont eat plane food really, not a massive fan, makes me feel a bit sick.

usually just eat that little salad thing they give you and the bread roll, sometimes the cheese and cracker if you get it.

otherwise :sour:

few cans of lager never go amiss tho :yum:
  • Options
    Tagine is usually made with Couscous rather than rice (looks similar but is a bit difference), and a lot of the flavour comes from the stock you cook the couscous in.

Tis yummy though.
  • Options
    I hate plane food. :yuck: I always feel nauseous on flights, and the six-year-old-pre-packaged-stinking-styrofoam-made-to-resemble food one gets on flights doesn't really help. I'm jealous that you got a good meal.
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote: »
    crew food :sour: :yuck:

Perish the thought! :sour:
  • Options
    I love plane food! Deep down I know its minging but I think its the excitement of opening the box and seeing whats there! And the fact I don't have to cook it

Once I had a really nice asparagus risotto on a plane :yum: But what the hell is going on with the eggs on the breakfasts??
  • Options
    when i was on virgin atlantic last summer i had the nicest plane meal evaar

lasagne with a nice fresh (well it tasted fresh anyway) crusty roll, pineapple slices, small caesar salad and a 'GU' chocolate pud for desert. ooh and a mini toblerone cube.
    twas lush

generally tho i find plane food ming. one time i got given a scone with jam, and the scone was so hard i could have thrown it at someone and cause them to double up :eek:

and another time i got a kids meal and when i took the lid of the food of it was swimming in fat/oil/juice stuff. compleetely put me off
  • Options
    i must be odd in that i quite like plane food. Handily enough my mum doesn;t so i always get to nab hers whenever we go back to Hong Kong :D
  • Options
    it was always those little cubes of potatoes that you got that made me heave, i dont even know if they still do them, i dont open it up to find out:yuck:
  • Options
    I've never had a nice meal on a flight.
  • Options
    The best I had was on a puddle hopper from amsterdam to either france or beligium or somewhere. Had bread with cheese... thats saying alot :p Now they charge $250 for one of those packs of pringles that have about 5 crisps and don't give you any food... then again I havn't taken a flight more than an hour in a while. $5 for a bottle of shitty sky? Please, hunny... no thanks... I've snuck my own in my 3oz bottle of shampoo :p You'd be surprised at how many 3oz bottles you can fit in a baggie...
  • Options
    I always think the vegan meals are nicer than any of the others, I'm not vegan but I order them and they always seem to come out hot and there is no offensive congealed egg/cheese which is usually what puts me off plane food.
  • Options
    I've had some great meals on planes... They tend to have been when I've flown business class though.

Some of the stuff I have had in economy has been nice, some not so.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I always enjoy plane food.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Virgin used to do reasonably decent food, though I havent flown with them for a while. Both United and AA are pretty good. NorthWest are crap, but then they are crap at everything.
  • Options
    kangoo wrote: »
    I love plane food! Deep down I know its minging but I think its the excitement of opening the box and seeing whats there! And the fact I don't have to cook it

:yes: Innit.

When I flew to Thailand with Qatar airways, the food was awesome! They gave you a menu and you could choose... on the way from Gatwick to Doha, I had Spanish Paella and from Doha to Bangkok I had Thai Green Curry. :yum:

On the way back I had breakfast and Stir fried Chicken noodles.