Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Totally messed up periods!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was on microgynon, last month i completely messed it up so stopped taking it. I had a break through bleed and then my normal period which is normal, but i havent stopped bleeding since :confused: im bleeding every day and its enough. Anyone have any idea why its doing this?
Im making a docs apt on friday but just wondering if its happened to anyone else before? xx

Comments

• Options
    I was thinking of coming off the pill for a while, but now I've read that, I don't think I will.
    Sorry, my post was as useless as a bucket with a hole in it.
  • Options
    Looking through this site shows alot of problems with microgynon! there are a few different threads about it.
  • Options
    How long (in days) have you been bleeding for Tink? When I came off microgynon I bled really heavily for about 10 days.
  • Options
    Did you stop mid way through a pack?

I did this once on the combined pill, stopped part way through a strip, due to circumstances beyond my control. I bleed for about six weeks at which point I went back on the pill and eventually things settled down again.
  • Options
    Hey, Im on microgynon, been on it for years now, apparently its one of the strongest contraceptive pills out there, around xmas time I came off it and I didn't come back on til a few days ago. Id certainly go to the doctor but what you are experiencing isn't unheard of, I suppose when you mess with your hormones your body takes a while to get back to normal :)