Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Does anyone else think this is more than a little bit dodgy?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Story

One minute, it's not a murder, despite 50 cuts and bruises revealed in the post-mortem, and the next minute, not only is it a rape and murder, but they know exactly who did it. Either this bloke's innocent, or he's carrying the blame for a larger group of people. The only question is why would the police want to cover something like this up?

Comments

• Options
    The only question is why would the police want to cover something like this up?

Why would the mayor of the town in Jaws not want to mention he has a Great White cruising of his beaches?
  • Options
    Why would the mayor of the town in Jaws not want to mention he has a Great White cruising of his beaches?

That was my first thought actually. Well not Jaws, but the general gist of it.
  • Options
    I've been to Goa a couple of times and always thought there was potential for plenty of such incidents. Indians are socially conservative and it is considered improper for women to expose too much flesh. As far as Indian men are concerned, Goa and its his bikini-clad (or sometimes topless) "easy" Western women is heaven on Earth.

There are even organised trips from cities hundreds of miles away that deliver coachloads of men to the beaches so they can drink alcohol and take a stroll to look at the women and take photographs of them, presumably so they can wank off to them later on. I had to chase away several such cunts who were vulturing around my girlfriend as she lay on the beach sunbathing.
  • Options
    I'm not in any shape or form suggesting she deserved it, but it perhaps wasnt very wise of the mother to allow her 15 year old daughter to be in a bar by herself till 4am.
  • Options
    budda wrote: »
    I'm not in any shape or form suggesting she deserved it, but it perhaps wasnt very wise of the mother to allow her 15 year old daughter to be in a bar by herself till 4am.

I thought that but then i read that apparently the whole family were in another state at the time and had just left her there with a tour guide - it all sounds a bit dodgy to me.

Plus tbh its glaringly obvious when your in India that dressing anything other than conservatively will attract undue attention.

Ohh and what was a 15year old doing on a 6month holiday in the first place surely she should have been in school doing GCSE's or something (having said that i totally have a plan to take my children away for that long but when they are a bit younger as I think that seeing the rest of the world is a brilliant education)
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote: »
    Plus tbh its glaringly obvious when your in India that dressing anything other than conservatively will attract undue attention.
    To be fair that is not the case in Goa- certainly not in places like Anjuna.

Goans are fully aware and fully supportive of the alternative scence that have been present in the region for decades- as they should, since it is by far their biggest source of income. Anjuna beach and many others in the area are local hotspots for the hippy/trance scene and just about everybody is in beachwear.
  • Options

The mother is partially responsible for the death of her daughter. You don't leave a child with a complete stranger in a foreign area with the reputation like Goas let alone anywhere else.
  • Options
    Of course its dodgy, but not quite as dodgy as what's happening in Jersey.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »

:yes:
  • Options
    BlackArab wrote: »
    The mother is partially responsible for the death of her daughter. You don't leave a child with a complete stranger in a foreign area with the reputation like Goas let alone anywhere else.
    Like the Algarve? ;)
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »

The worst bit I heard about that was up until about 14 months ago they were doing 'sharp shock' treatments for disruptive children in homes. It meant 24 hours in a dark room by themselves.
  • Options
    The worst bit I heard about that was up until about 14 months ago they were doing 'sharp shock' treatments for disruptive children in homes. It meant 24 hours in a dark room by themselves.

Isn't someone taking the Govt to court for the channel islands equivalent of unfair dismissal because he tried to stop it and was sacked. vaguely remember seeing something about this a few weeks ago
  • Options
    Isn't someone taking the Govt to court for the channel islands equivalent of unfair dismissal because he tried to stop it and was sacked. vaguely remember seeing something about this a few weeks ago

I think so.
  • Options
    why the hec didn't she go with her mother, and the woman was crazy to leave her. to me the mother sounds like an impractical and stupid cow
  • Options
    why the hec didn't she go with her mother, and the woman was crazy to leave her. to me the mother sounds like an impractical and stupid cow

Sounds like?

The media do this every time. People don't know the circumstances. I think it's unfair to judge based on what you read in the newspapers.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote: »
    To be fair that is not the case in Goa- certainly not in places like Anjuna.

Goans are fully aware and fully supportive of the alternative scence that have been present in the region for decades- as they should, since it is by far their biggest source of income. Anjuna beach and many others in the area are local hotspots for the hippy/trance scene and just about everybody is in beachwear.

:yes: I went to Goa last month, most tourists dressed like one might dress if on holiday in Spain.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote: »
    Like the Algarve? ;)

tbh anywhere really...