Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

dentist

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How do you know if a dentist is any good?

Im looking to register with a dentist privately, so obviosly im going to be paying my hard earned money on whatever i need doing and i want to make sure im going to someone with a good reputation. I've been to some bad ones in the past but that was when i didnt have to pay for my treatment so it didnt matter so much

Im new to the area and can't go on reccomendations as my friends aren't registered here

Is there a website or something that reviews/rates dentists? I've looked on google but no joy

Comments

• Options
    Basically... nothing that I know of...
  • Options
    I can foresee a website called RateMyDentists.com appearing in the next few months. :p

No, as far as I know, there's no comparison service for dentists. Rest assured that whichever one you take, they'll do as much as possible to extract cash from your wallet, the greedy bastards.
  • Options
    How would you assess their how "good " someone was anyway... Shipman was loved by his patients...
  • Options
    IF you're after anything specific then you can ask about further qualifications, eg for Orthodontics or Crown and Bridge.

There's not a lot you can do, only thing is even if you're new to the area you must know someone, or work with someone, so ask them.
  • Options
    HIya
    It can be really hard choosing a doctor and dentist. If you can get personal recommendations from friends that's a good start.
    Have a look at this Q&A on choosing a dentist for some tips on what to look for.
    Good luck!