Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

argh my doctors surgery

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
To book an appointment you have to phone at exactly 2pm not a minute before or after. How mad is that?
<rant over>

Comments

• Options
    Ours is 9am - all the appts are gone in about 6 minutes. Then you have to try the day after.

Eta; I'd love it if ours was 2pm - I wouldn't have to get out of bed on my day off otherwise. lol.
  • Options
    Ours is 9am - all the appts are gone in about 6 minutes. Then you have to try the day after.

Same here, but its 8am even earlier!!

And all the appointments go to bloody parents ringing up making *urgent* appointments for their children who are critically ill e.g. they have a papercut.

Well annoying!
  • Options
    We were told by one of the receptionists we had to phone up for an appointment after 2pm but whenever we phone even a few minutes after that time we get a message saying booking for appointments has closed. But their website does say we have to phone from midday. Maybe I'll try earlier than 2pm-ish.
  • Options
    With mine, we're meant to phone up at 8am if we want an appointment the same day or something. The last time I did that, it was engaged for half an hour and I had to wait a week to be seen. It's much easier for me to just walk down there and ask for an appointment. I normally get one in a few days' time (I think I managed to get one the same day) but it's becoming harder to get one now. Booking blood tests are just as bad - I had to wait almost 2 weeks to get one done.

At one point, it was possible just to walk in and be seen without an appointment. However, I don't think they do that any more.
  • Options
    I'd try earlier then, try 12. They can only turn around and say we're not taking appointments yet. Nothing to loose; all to gain
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    My doctor takes appointments from 8 on the day only - no prebooking except for existing conditions.

Luckily not had to see them in many years.