Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dresses

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, so i dont do dresses, but im going to the races in a couple of months so need to find a nice one.

ive seen loads but i dont know what style would suit my body. Anybody know of any 'guides' as to what to avoid and such???

im size 8, have small boobs but anything clingy on my hips with make me look bottom heavy.
Should i go for something 50's style that kinda covers the top area? do i need to avoid straps, bandeau or halter-necks??

thanks

Comments

• Options
    I would firstly check the rules on what you can and cant' wear - some race meetings say that you need to wear a skirt below the knee and cover your shoulders - others are less strict. You might also need to wear a hat.

If I was you i would go for something along the 50's style - or maybe some thing empire line.
  • Options
    yeah i quite like empire line dresses.

were not going to the posh ladies day or annything like that. well be hitting the town afterwards to so i dont think theres any restrictions.
  • Options
    halters are good for pears