Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

One last thing, one last time.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
look. i know ive posted a lot in the 8 days ive been here and a lot, if not all of it was a load of shit. that part is true. im only here again to ask one more thing.

i would like to know what has given everybody the strength or the hope to do whatever they have done, over come something, or is currently helping them do it.

id just like to know befor i make my final choice on how im going to deal with my problems. non of which i should have concered, or at least tried to, any of you with. it was a bad move for me to make.

im thinking that the obious answers to this question are likely to be something like friends, family or just knowing that you had to do something. id realy like to know.

dont worry about me bothering anyone too much anymore, id like all and any answers if thats ok.

Comments

• Options
    My last major urm trial in life shall we call it I overcame by putting an end to it, putting an end to my guilt and it kinda worked. Still feel very very shit about it but I can live with myself for what I did and am trying to move on.

I did and have got support from friends for it, but ultimatly it is not their support alone which has helped me to move on and given me the strength to do so. Not to underestimate how good they have been - they have been just AMAZING.

Also to hear and read about other peoples problems helped me, to then look at mine and kick myself and think, bloody hell Ashley, get over yourself and look what some other people are going through.

AND to do things I love, going back to college and placement has helped, being around the AMAZING children, their cheerfullness and innocence in life has, in the end, helped me escape, occupied my mind. But that's just me, personally.

I hope your OK in whatever you are going through, and make sure your "solution" as you put it is sensible and best for you. Take care of yourself and don't give up x x x
  • Options
    i get through trials in my life by deciding that im going to, i know that sounds weird but when i feel everythings getting too much for me and when i start thinking all the stupid thoughts about how i want out i just say to myself "no you're gona get through this, take it one thing at a time and keep going forward because sometime theres going to be another side and things are going to feel better" very cliche i suppose but it works for me an i jus keep slogging on
  • Options
    *Ashlee* wrote: »
    My last major urm trial in life shall we call it I overcame by putting an end to it, putting an end to my guilt and it kinda worked. Still feel very very shit about it but I can live with myself for what I did and am trying to move on.

I did and have got support from friends for it, but ultimatly it is not their support alone which has helped me to move on and given me the strength to do so. Not to underestimate how good they have been - they have been just AMAZING.

Also to hear and read about other peoples problems helped me, to then look at mine and kick myself and think, bloody hell Ashley, get over yourself and look what some other people are going through.

AND to do things I love, going back to college and placement has helped, being around the AMAZING children, their cheerfullness and innocence in life has, in the end, helped me escape, occupied my mind. But that's just me, personally.

I hope your OK in whatever you are going through, and make sure your "solution" as you put it is sensible and best for you. Take care of yourself and don't give up x x x

Sorry to go off topic a little but what do you do at college/university? Just what you said about the children being cheerful etc, it just I feel the same about it. I'm a child branch student nurse, and just looking at those kids and what they have to deal with has helped me change my outlook on life.

Mort - friends and family helped me immensely when I was going through bad times. But for me, for the most part, it was that I finally realised that the only person that could truly help me was myself. I knew only I had the power to change the way I was living my life. Sorry it's not much help, it wasn't something that one day just 'dawned' on me, it was just gradual steps that I took in my life to change it for the better. Don't worry about rambling on here - its what the place is for :p
  • Options
    aleox wrote: »
    Sorry to go off topic a little but what do you do at college/university? Just what you said about the children being cheerful etc, it just I feel the same about it. I'm a child branch student nurse, and just looking at those kids and what they have to deal with has helped me change my outlook on life.

I'm doing my BTEC in Early Years - qualify in May/June ish time :hyper:
  • Options
    *Ashlee* wrote: »
    I'm doing my BTEC in Early Years - qualify in May/June ish time :hyper:

Thats great :) hope the course is going well and you get a good qualification in the summer :thumb:
  • Options
    look. i know ive posted a lot in the 8 days ive been here and a lot, if not all of it was a load of shit. that part is true. im only here again to ask one more thing.

i would like to know what has given everybody the strength or the hope to do whatever they have done, over come something, or is currently helping them do it.

id just like to know befor i make my final choice on how im going to deal with my problems. non of which i should have concered, or at least tried to, any of you with. it was a bad move for me to make.

im thinking that the obious answers to this question are likely to be something like friends, family or just knowing that you had to do something. id realy like to know.

dont worry about me bothering anyone too much anymore, id like all and any answers if thats ok.

the beginning of this post, what stuff has been bull that youve posted?

as someone who actually wishes they could go to sleep and not wake up right now, what keeps me going is the story of 5 words.
    what is was, there is a king who was the most awkward bloke anyone had ever come across. He hated, and he was malicious to his people. He set the impossible task-for the kingdom to complete-he said he wanted something to make him happy when he feels sad, and sad when he is happy.
    days passed, with many trying to present him with such an object, and failing. finally a young lad presented the king with a piece of paper. it had 5 words on it-"this too shall soon pass". the task complete the kingdom was free.(ive prob tald this all wrong) (sorry)

I know this sounds stupid, but through the truly awful bits, just that can sometimes help.well helps me sumtimes anyway. xx
  • Options
    If you have the support of friends and family, then it's an immense encouragement. When I reached my extremely low point a couple years ago my boyfriend dumped me because he couldn't deal with me and I was in that phase where I was becoming reclusive and going into myself, I didn't know how to branch out and so I was losing my friends and spending too much time alone, and I'm not especially close with my family, so it was an isolating time.

What turned me around, yeah having my friends to talk about the surface things for me BUT I'm not an open person and they will never know the things that really get to me. I got a job for one, at a local department store at weekends. It did wonders, it forced me to interact and talk to people and I grew from that.

At Christmas I hit another low point and I've come back this year and decided that enough is enough and I've made a plan, a list of what I want to become and I don't care how stupid it sounds and whether the things I want to achieve are tiny daft things or humungous things, I have that list and beginning with the little bits in order to attain my life goals. Having a direction and sense of control is what drives my life. When I lose control or feel aimless, I get depressed and I wallow in it. I've considered ending it all but by some miracle managed to pull myself out of myself - looked around and thought about how that would effect those that love me, even when I was feeling alone and unloved, I knew deep down that someone does care about me.

It's not actually that far from Lanky Girls story. I have to create goals for myself, aims so that when I do hit that low, I can look at them, consider the way I am at that moment and think "This will pass. I have so much I want to become that it will pass so I can attain it".

There are so many avenues, even this discussion board is one. Just talking to people here makes you feel less like you're the only one going through it bad, and others like myself, who are healing can be a glimmer of hope. Yeah I lapse, but you will, it's just how it is. You just have to figure out the best way to pull yourself back to nomality. Carrying on branching out, we're here to listen and advice and trust me, what you're saying isn't 'shit' to us.
  • Options
    What gives me the strength to get through the difficult things in life?

Erm... in just about every single case, it's not wanting things to remain the way they are. It's a determination to see that things get a lot better, somehow or other. I simply have to find the strength to deal with the various shit that life throws at me, otherwise nothing will ever change. A guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do.
  • Options
    for me i've just reached a point where if i want to enjoy my life i have to actively try to get better. the world isnt gonna magicly fix everything for me.