Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Young activist - diary entry 2

PearlyPearly Posts: 345 The Mix Regular
In Luke's second diary entry, he heads to London to continue with his campaign for votes at 16

The big smoke

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think its a terrible idea.
  • Options
    budda wrote: »
    I think its a terrible idea.

My thoughts exactly.
  • Options
    Don't see why not - votes at 16 seems a good idea, given that you can shag, smoke, leave home etc. I'm not sure a 16 year old makes a less informed voting choice than a 46 year old (though informed choices may be relative)
  • Options
    I just think that we should be making pushes to increase the adult turn out, not widening the net. If 16's could vote I think only a small percentage would, they would then get in the habit of not voting and continue that way.

It needs to be shown to be a big deal, not just another thing thrown at a 16 year old.
  • Options
    I don't think at 16 they would understand anyway. At 18 now I still haven't got a clue and never bothered to go despite my parents trying to force me to vote conservative.
  • Options
    Vote

I think that you need to actively find out enough information to make an informed decision, whatever your age :confused: