Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

New phone

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm eligible to upgrade my phone in the next couple of weeks, but I'm having trouble choosing which one to go for! I have the w810i at the moment, and love it to bits, so I want one with those sorta features if possible, but I also want it to look nice. Has anyone got any good recommendations of the newer phones out at the moment?

Comments

• Options
    lg viewty with the touch screen, beautiful!
    a bit chunky though, i've girlied mine up a bit with an attachable lipgloss :P
  • Options
    I'm eligible to upgrade my phone in the next couple of weeks, but I'm having trouble choosing which one to go for! I have the w810i at the moment, and love it to bits, so I want one with those sorta features if possible, but I also want it to look nice. Has anyone got any good recommendations of the newer phones out at the moment?

Sony Ericsson W890 (if it's not out already). K660 is ok too. The W810 was a dog, soooooooooo slow. I hated working on that one.

LG ViewTY is ok, if a bit strange to use at first. Not a fan of touch screens though, and it's a bit big (although not too bad).

Avoid Samsungs, IMO. Just not up to scratch.

Nokia 6500 Slide or 6500 Classic are quite good.

For reference, I work with mobiles every day testing a music downloading piece of software and so I know most of these inside out.
  • Options
    I personally love Nokia, just received my new Nokia N95 8GB for a few weeks, The video quality is the best I ever see from a cell phone(true DVD quality). actually IT has two cameras, a high resolution camera on the back of the device (the main camera in landscape mode) and a lower resolution camera on the front (the secondary camera in portrait mode). I can use both cameras to take still pictures and record videos. I think this phone aims to please almost everybody. It also has some great reviews.
    http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/reviews/item/Nokia_N95_8GB.php