Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Nokia 6500 battery.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I got one on Saturday.

The battery is running out REALLY quickly. Which is annoying, because I :heart: it otherwise.

I charged it this morning, haven't even used it much today and it's on less than half already.

Has anyone else had this problem/know of it? Or is it just my phone? I need to go back to the Orange shop anyway to give them my old phone (£150 extra credit = 10% off bill + another £8 per month off...woop) so if it's just my phone it'll be easy enough to sort out but I don't wanna do it just for it to keep happening.

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Did you properly charge it the first time? Like for 12-24hrs?
  • Options
    JsT wrote: »
    Did you properly charge it the first time? Like for 12-24hrs?
    It only says to do it for 2 hours, which I did.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Which battery is it/

My N73 has BP-6M battery and book said to charge for 12 hours. Do you have any applications or anything open in the background.

Otherwise I dunno and hence I suck.
  • Options
    JsT wrote: »
    Which battery is it/

My N73 has BP-6M battery and book said to charge for 12 hours. Do you have any applications or anything open in the background.

Otherwise I dunno and hence I suck.
    Nope, none.

The battery is BL-6P.
  • Options
    Anyone else :(?
  • Options
    'as eet 'it NE wallz recently?
  • Options
    BritJamez wrote: »
    'as eet 'it NE wallz recently?
    No :p.
  • Options
    hmmm it seems to have lots of probs with batteries, a lot of people seem to be saying they get about 12hours life out of it, which is a bit crap

you can help by turning bluetooth, gps, gprs and all the other shite off, might help
  • Options
    hmmm it seems to have lots of probs with batteries, a lot of people seem to be saying they get about 12hours life out of it, which is a bit crap

you can help by turning bluetooth, gps, gprs and all the other shite off, might help
    I have turned Bluetooth off, and it seems a bit better today. I suppose I'll get used to it.
  • Options
    Saeed MSaeed M Posts: 270 The Mix Regular
    If you don't use video calling I would suggest changing your network type to GSM. 3G network (ie 3rd generation as opposed to the '3' network) reception generally requires more battery power.
  • Options
    Saeed M wrote: »
    If you don't use video calling I would suggest changing your network type to GSM. 3G network (ie 3rd generation as opposed to the '3' network) reception generally requires more battery power.
    Ooooh thanks, will do that :).
  • Options
    Just to say - thanks everybody :D. Seems it was the 3G that was draining the battery because it's fine today :D.