Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

toning my triceps

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
okay im trying to build up the muscles on my arms a bit, not very much i jus want them to be less flabby and im doing fine on my biceps but i can't seem to do anything with the triceps. does anyone know any exercises that are especially good for triceps?

Comments

• Options
    C FunkC Funk Deactivated Posts: 163 Helping Hand
    Hey Sopycookie,

Triceps are sometimes a forgotten muscle when people are looking to tone up. There are quite a few simple exercises that can be performed in the comfort of your own home that are extremely effective in toning or increasing muscle in the triceps.

The first one I would recommend is the tricep dip. All you need for this exercise is a bit of space and a chair. Another really good exercise is the tricep extension. This exercise is mainly performed in the gym but you can always be a little bit imaginative and use tin cans or other household items as weights.

There are loads of other exercises that you might find helpful here.

When starting to work a new muscle group it's always a good idea to break it in slowly and avoid working your muscles too hard. Check out these top gym tips to make sure you're doing your exercises safely and effectively.

Good luck!

:thumb:
  • Options
    Also remember you can't spot reduce fat. So you can't just lose fat from your upper arms. Hit the treadmill or other cardio exercises for 40-60 mins 3 times per week. And make sure your diet is in check as it is key!
  • Options
    Also (and I don't know if you are female or not) I heard a gym instructor telling a woman a while back that the triceps were one of the hardest muscles for a woman to tone.

Why that should be I have no idea, but it might be true, which means you would have to work at it.

The tricep extension like in the video is a good exercise to use.
  • Options
    bit of pole dancing and break dancing will sort out your arms.