Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

nice cocktails

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok, so ive only just been informed that a few friends of mine tonight are having a 'cocktail houseparty' tonight. whereby beer apparently is not allowed, and we are only drinking cocktails / spirits :rolleyes:

ive been told to pick up some 'ingrdients' from tesco before i arrive later on, but my question is - what should i get? i only know the names of a couple of cocktails let alone what goes in them!!

also, does anyone have any 'recipes' for a particularly nice one? id like to have a go at doing some and impressing people in the process hehe ;)
preferably something different to the comon 'sex on the beach' etc etc
if anyone knows any then ill be having a little testing session before i get to the party to make sure its spot on :)

Comments

• Options
    For a lazy cocktail pick up a carton of innocent fruit smoothie and add a spirit.

E.g. Pineapple and coconut smoothie plus malibu.

Edited to add: I just saw that you were trying to impress people. That option is lazy and would only impress them by the sheer genius of the plan!!
  • Options
    bit late but kalhua, milk, amaretto. white wine, vodka, peach schnapps, lemonade/soda water. tia maria, vodka, pepsi max.
  • Options
    Jim beam, scotch, Dissarno, navy rum, Malibu, coke.

It's not nice, but you'll get blind drunk :p
  • Options
    I'm a slow comfortable screw man

Sloe Gin, Southern Comfort, Vodka, Orange juice
  • Options
    You can make a million with only a couple ingrediants for ease and cheapness!

dissarono on the rocks

dissarono, oj and sour mix

oj and vodka

vodka and schnaps

vodka, coffee liquor

vodka, coffee liquor, milk

vodka and vermouth

vermouth and gin

gin and tonic

gin and 7 up

7up and whiskey

whiskey and water
  • Options
    I've only had this once, but it's not bad, and quite unusual:

Oxymoron:
    Shot of vodka
    1/2 shot of lemonade
    A bit of honey
  • Options
    Vodka Martini ;) lol
  • Options
    thanks everyone :)

i think in the end i ended up trying a couple that are posted on here -

including the innocent smoothie one which was quite nice :D
    and the Jim beam, scotch, Dissarno, navy rum, Malibu, coke one wich was rank, but drank it anyway and got quiite drunk

in the end tho i think everyone was just tipping any which drink in with another. all got a bit mad

i ddint drink too much tho cuz id had too much 'guongusto' - a 96% vol alcohol that a mate bought in italy for 2 euro. eww. very potent and got me slightly drunk after practically one shot. not good
  • Options
    Glad you had a good time :thumb:

This thread has made me want to buy some more different spirits and ingredients to make cocktails with!
  • Options
    bit late but

bottle of buckfast, half bottle of vodka and 2 tins of red bull all mixed together ... guaranteed to put hairs on your chest :D you dont have to worry about impressing people either, they'll be too busy falling down stairs or projectile vomiting ;)