Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Lip and Cheek Stains?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Worth the hype?

I recently purchased a bottle, which is okay on my lips, a bit drying and dosent last as long as it should really, also, how am i meant to put it on my cheeks without looking like a clown?!

Comments/Suggestions anyone??:flirt:

Comments

• Options
    Show me what your on about...

Thanks
  • Options
  • Options
    Oh my gosh. I would never spend that much. It looks weird stuff too. :/
  • Options
  • Options
    What sort of make up do you wear with it? Cuz I find the red colour quite strong so dont wanna go for the whole trollop look and finish it off with bright eyeshadow etc!
  • Options
    I love benetint too. And it lasts for ages. I just finished a bottle that lasted me over two years.

I was still reluctant to spend £20 on another bottle though and i bought a bottle of collection 2000 lip and cheek tint called "the cheek of it" and its actually just as good and was only about £3.
  • Options
  • Options
    I had some of that put on me in a department store. Not sure how it is to apply as they put it on me. It looked okay but I usually want more coverage from make up, this seemed to be instead of foundation I think?
  • Options
    oh i love benetint. other makeup wise i just stick to tons of mascara and put a nice gloss over the tinted lips. when going out i go mad with flicky liquid eyeliner for a kind of fifties inspired look. i looove rosy cheeks so i do put quite a bit of, i would defo do it with your finger though, not the brushy thing. or a make up sponge, like dab it on with the side that has the benetint on it, then turn the sponge over and blend like mad. i do the apples of my cheek mostest, i just think it looks dead healthy. dont wear both lips and cheeks if im going somewhere boring though, it can look a bit much.

and oh no it isnt instead of foundation. well i dont think so. its just longer lasting than blush and something you can double up as lip colour. i just apply foundy as usual then this on top. unless you are lovely skinned, sadly i am not.

there's a brilliant cheap version at body shop also.
  • Options
    benetints easy to use....this is how i use it, make sure you near enough have both hands free, smile like a cheshire cat and pop 3 blobs on your bum-looking bits of your cheeks and rub in as quick as possible! wa-lah! :blush:
  • Options
    Another big fan here! I use the brush to draw a tick on my cheek - the downward line down the apple of my cheek and then draw it out along my cheekbone. Then I blend it into a kind of triangle shape with my fingers. I'm not a fan of powders and foundations because they feel like they block up my pores and look make-uppy, whereas Benetint is so light and delicate that it doesn't feel or look like makeup.

And yes, it lasts for AGES! I'm a tightwad when it comes to makeup, and I think Benefit takes the piss with a lot of its prices, but this = well worth it.
  • Options
    I was still reluctant to spend £20 on another bottle though and i bought a bottle of collection 2000 lip and cheek tint called "the cheek of it" and its actually just as good and was only about £3.

:yes:

That MeMeMe brand in Superdrug do a cheap version too, and it's also just as good.

I used to like it before my cheeks decided that they'd randomly become permanently red. But I find that it wears off really quickly on my lips, so don't bother.
  • Options
    Oh that looks quite neat!
  • Options

Cool, I'm looking for a new cheek tint so thats for that! This benetints stuff looks fab though, I think I'll request it for my birthday (which isn't til July, sigh). How long it it supposed to stay on your cheeks for though?