Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Overreacting?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My current boyfriend and I were dating for about 1 year and two months before breaking up last April. Then we got back together early January. Well, I have had this feeling that he's been cheating on me with either one of two people, but that's beside the point.

Well, last year his friend told me to go kill myself and we got into a bunch of fights over how he didn't care that his friend told me to go commit suicide. It was bad.

I was looking at my friend's ex's photos because I wanted one of my friend to show another friend that was interested in seeing how he looked. I stumbled on one of my ex dancing with one of her friend's and they were laughing. All I know it was after Christmas and before Feb. 26 because he was wearing a shirt he got for Christmas last year and the comment from the girl was dated the 27th.

Pretty much he never wants to go clubbing and the one time he told me he was going clubbing was after a fight, but he was pissed so he supposedly he stayed outside of the club and talked with one of his guy friends about me.

However, now there's the picture of him dancing inside a club and either he lied about the time he went to a club or he lied about something else. He got pissed when I danced with a guy friend at a school dance but if he was doing the same thing, what right did he have to be pissed? And why didn't he tell me that he went dancing?

I'm pretty sure he cheated on me and well, it would have been the third time.

Comments

• Options
    that sucks. It sounds like hes got pretty bad double standards. Of course dancing may be innocent but if hes having a go at YOU for dancing with others then i wonder why hes doing it himself? Especially if hes lying about going out, and youve broken up before and he has a history of cheating.

Good luck. I wouldnt want to have a relationship like that.
  • Options
    He doesn't remember. It was too long ago for him to remember.

Does that sound like the biggest bullshit answer to anyone else?
  • Options
    Once he has raised suspicions in your mind, it is very hard to dismiss them afterwards. Is he worth trying to hang onto? Is he husband material?
  • Options
    He's not husband material in the slightest bit. He wants to be a teacher, but he's never entered college after two years and he hasn't even started applications. He is a thousand dollars in debt due to not paying his phone bills and thinking that the music downloads were free. He doesn't listen. He spends money on me instead of saving. He doesn't even have a car (necessary in an area with no public transportation and it's two hours walk to work).

I am also bothered by his online playing. I've played Halo online, but I don't own the system and my "team" was always friends that were in the room with us. His closest friends are people who play an online computer game.

One of the online players obviously likes him. She signs everything with hearts, tells him that she loves him (in a friend way, of course :rolleyes: ), she sent him a Valentine on Valentine's Day, anything he posts she responds to (including the hearts at the end), uses the *tackle hug* a few times, and overly compliments him by using stuff like "you're the awesomesttttt!"

Oh, and my favorite comment: "*Tackle Hugs* You better not have pants on!!"