Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

NOT catching a bug...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okay basically some sort of 48 hour vomiting and diarrhoea (:yuck:) is going round my family, so far my gran, dad, cousin, sister, aunty...ETC have had it. in fact the only 2 who havent so far is me and my mum. the thing is, i REALLY dont want it. especially as i had this not that long ago. I'm really scared of being sick :(

Thing is, apart from moving out for a few days, is there any measures I can do to stop me getting it or is it inevitable? Currently I'm staying as far away as possible from the sick people, and washing my hands a lot. my mums stuck all the towels in the bathroom in the wash too. anything else? tips would be appreciated :D

Comments

• Options
    I would take a strong probiotic supplement like acidophilus from a health food shop. Echinacea as well for the immune system. Also make sure you are EXTRA scrupulous with handwashing all the time.
    Thats pretty much all you can do. Id also make sure you keep yourself well hydrated as if you get even a little bit dehydrated it lowers your immune system quite a bit.
  • Options
    When my mum had a sickness bug my dad used a mask - them ones to stop sawdust going in your nose/mouth.

He didnt get it, so must if helped:chin:

I couldnt believe it when my sis said he was using it!:lol:
  • Options
    Being extra rigourous on hygiene generally, wash hands well, all over, under fingernails, between fingers and the backs of your hands, the works, with hot soapy water, not just a quick rinse.

Ditto with the washing up, really thorough with very hot water and detergent.

Other than that, plenty of sleep and use your own set of towels etc.
  • Options
    thank youuu for the tips :]

i got it anyway though :mad: