Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

orgasm problems

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've never been able to orgasm, and I find this a bit difficult at the moment.

My partner often comes when we have sex, and I think she thinks that I do, but I never have and we've been together for so long now that I'm embarrassed to say. We've never had problems discussing sex, but I just don't know how to raise it.

I get really sensitive when it feels like I'm close to coming and if I ask her to slow down she takes that as a cue to stop even if I say not to so I'm not sure what to do really...

Comments

• Options
    MissPiggy wrote: »
    I've never been able to orgasm, and I find this a bit difficult at the moment.

So you never orgasm when you masturbate on your own?
    My partner often comes when we have sex, and I think she thinks that I do, but I never have and we've been together for so long now that I'm embarrassed to say. We've never had problems discussing sex, but I just don't know how to raise it.

If you let this situation lie any longer, it will become more and more difficult to tell her. You must let her know now. She may be mortified if, 20 years down the road, she then finds out that she has never satisfied you.
    I get really sensitive when it feels like I'm close to coming and if I ask her to slow down she takes that as a cue to stop even if I say not to so I'm not sure what to do really...

Talk to her. Tell her not to stop - but just to slow down. All good sex lives rely on good communication.
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    If you let this situation lie any longer, it will become more and more difficult to tell her. You must let her know now. She may be mortified if, 20 years down the road, she then finds out that she has never satisfied you.

Is an orgasm completely necessary for satisfaction tho :confused:
  • Options
    I get really sensitive when it feels like I'm close to comin.

I get like that after I've came(grammer here?!)

To be honest though Tegan's right with everything he said :yes:

Just got to tell her.

My boyfriend always used to presume I'd orgasmed but I never until one day I actually did and was that sensitive he had to stop.
    Now he knows exactly what to. He loves it too.
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Is an orgasm completely necessary for satisfaction tho :confused:

If you had never orgasmed and all the media, friends etc told you how great it was, would you feel 'satisfied' that your sex life was as full as it could be? I would suggest that you might really feel that you had an 'itch that needed scratching'. ;)
  • Options
    It's not that I need to come it's more that she chooses inopportune moments to stop... I'll try to be braver!!