Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Sarah Connor chronicles

Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Is anyone else watching that? I've seen all episodes so far. It's not a "wow" series, but interesting enough, and I think it's just getting warmed up...
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Flake_MustaineFlake_Mustaine Posts: 1,261 Wise Owl
    Very curious about it! I'm a fan of the movies :) Is the series worth a look-see y'reckon?
  • Options
    I think so, definitely. It's not "Wow" material like Lost or anything, but the action and the plot are definitely worth it IMHO.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I saw the adverts for it .... looks shite from what i see .. almost as bad as the Blade TV series.
  • Options
    Aye these sort of movie to T.V. ideas never really work out do they? Looking forward to the next film though. :yes:
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Aye these sort of movie to T.V. ideas never really work out do they? Looking forward to the next film though. :yes:
    There's a next film?
  • Options
    Yeah i know there making one, but so far all i've heard is rumours. But i think its pretty certain the 4th film is based in a nuclear holocaust or something aloing those lines.
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote: »
    Yeah i know there making one, but so far all i've heard is rumours. But i think its pretty certain the 4th film is based in a nuclear holocaust or something aloing those lines.

Yeaaah the next movie is going to be Judgement Day/the war.
  • Options
    Kiezo wrote: »
    Yeaaah the next movie is going to be Judgement Day/the war.
    If that's it, it won't be a Terminator film though, as far as I can think of it. The whole deal with the other films was that the cybors weren't everywhere and there were just a couple of them, messing up our normal lives for the sake of one person.
    If that film is set in a world that's filled with them, it doesn't sound like it will be so special. You could replace the skeleton-like robots with huge versions of Marvin, call Skynet "the incredible thinking machine" and remove all traces of the time-travel pre-history, and it could be the same...

The series still is pretty good though. :p
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to the film, as long as they get some decent actors and a decent director i'll be happy ;)
  • Options
    If that's it, it won't be a Terminator film though, as far as I can think of it. The whole deal with the other films was that the cybors weren't everywhere and there were just a couple of them, messing up our normal lives for the sake of one person.

Yeah, it will. It's not uncommon for film series' to switch style. Look at the difference between Alien and Aliens, Evil Dead and Army of Darkness or Night of the Living Dead and the later films in the series (although they were badly done, but you get the idea).

It'll be nice to get a change from the almost identical plot we've been subjected to the past three movies and finally get a look at what John Connor has turned into after following him through all the years of running and guerilla training. Plus we may get an answer to the question; is everything we do just a stall of the invevitable future, or is our fate not pre-determined?
  • Options
    I've not seen any of those movies (except the first Alien) so I can't really say... I guess it could be interesting, but my point was that unless it's done very very well it will feel more like an overuse of the franchise (see the latest Highlander :yuck: ) than a proper continuation.
  • Options
    I've not seen any of those movies (except the first Alien)

:eek2: