Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

failure to rig the ballot boxes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/7251990.stm

Looks like they didn't manage to rig the ballot boxes as predicted. It'll be interesting to see whether the result is accepted by the Government and Army and they go or not.

Risking my head on a prediction my bet is that they will, unless there is a threat of impeachment, in which case the army will protect its own.

Comments

• Options
    It's outrageous, isn't it? There it was - the media all over the world were setting the scene. They said that there would be mass vote rigging. They said Musharraf would stop at nothing to remain in power. But nothing of the kind has happened. And the media is disappointed, hence why they're making a lot of noise about it.
  • Options
    Well I don't think it is unreasonable to suspect foul play from a man who overthrew the previous government and presided over a dictatorship, and who some even suspect might have had a hand in the assassination of his main political rival.